Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SUPERSTUD

Halliwell Jones Stadium.

19 posts in this topic

Can anyone assist please?

I am wanting to attend at the HJS on Sun 26/09/10 to watch the Championship finals day.

A small group of us are intending to travel by train from Wakefield and i was just after a leg up re the train connections.

Is there a train station in Warrington town centre please?

Thanks in anticipation.

Get over to the mecca that is Huddersfield, direct train to Warrington, takes an hour, 500 yds from the ground, Railway club right next door, job done

Think the Huddersfield connection has at least a change at Piccadilly on a Sunday ( as well as your journey to Hudds)

Whichever way, you need to get to Piccadilly, either Wakey to Manc Victoria - over to Piccadilly(walkable) then direct to Warrington as above - or via Hudderfield, then Piccadilly etc

I am wanting to attend at the HJS on Sun 26/09/10 to watch the Championship finals day.

A small group of us are intending to travel by train from Wakefield and i was just after a leg up re the train connections.

Thanks in anticipation.

Yes is the answer, you want to get the train to Wazza Central, less than 5 mins walk to the ground.

A lad I knew who supported wakey used to get the train from wakey to leeds I think,then change at leeds for one which arrived at Warrington central. As already said this station is at the most a 5 minute walk from the ground.

A lad I knew who supported wakey used to get the train from wakey to leeds I think,then change at leeds for one which arrived at Warrington central. As already said this station is at the most a 5 minute walk from the ground.

From my experience when I used to work Arriva Trains Northern, the best way would be to get the Wakefield Kirkgate to Huddersfield train then catch the Scarbrough to Liverpool train (which calls at Huddersfield, Warrington Central).

ooh that might be dodgy.......watch out for crowd trouble outside, especially if Wendall is about :rolleyes:

ooh that might be dodgy.......watch out for crowd trouble outside, especially if Wendall is about :rolleyes:

Change the record ;):P

Leeds from Wakefield, the Trans Pennine Express Liverpool Lime Street train on platform 16 goes straight to Warrington Central, Liverpool LS train's are 10 past every hour. Cost you about

Just don't end up at Bank Quay station, make sure it's Central.

Leeds from Wakefield, the Trans Pennine Express Liverpool Lime Street train on platform 16 goes straight to Warrington Central, Liverpool LS train's are 10 past every hour. Cost you about

Thanks in anticipation.

10:32 from Wakefield Westgate, change at Sheffield, arrive at Warrington Central 12:58.

11:46 from Wakefield Kirkgate, change at Sheffield, arrive at Warrington Central 13:58

http://www.transportdirect.info/Web2/Journ...px?cacheparam=1

National railway website (if you can read a timetable)

all i can say is that the one time i went to the HJ, they ran out of pies. i mean, honestly. running out of pies.

all i can say is that the one time i went to the HJ, they ran out of pies. i mean, honestly. running out of pies.

were Wigan playing :P

there was a lot of wigan fans their; it was the mike gregory benefit game

They're rubbish anyway. Couple of chip shops round the corner and a Tesco over the road where you'll get better food.