Didn't get to the game this weekend, but from all the match reports it seams that although named at loose forward Jonny Lomax played at his prefered position of Stand off. With Pryce out possibly for the rest of the season, this could be his position for the rest of the season. It's said he had a hand in everything Saints did going forward.

With alot of the talk from Bradford being that Pryce wants to move back home either next season or on a free transfer for the 2011 season, what are the chances of Lomax sealing this position for his own? Or is it more likely Saints will have to go shopping?

It would be nice to bring another kid through along side Eastmond but I'm realistic that the team will come before any loyalty to the academy players.

Hopefully he'll get an oppertunity to make this place his own , just like Eastmond, Clough, Foster, Roby. It seams when there have been injuries at Saints most of the youngsters have managed to show enough to take a place, just centre positions at Saints seam to lack the quality needed in the academy to break into the first team, with the coach opting for 2nd row cover at centre rather than an academy player.

It's all about da bass

Lomax was superb. Not had a bad game yet. Doesnt seem to matter where he plays.

He has to be young player of the year, for the club award if not the super league one.

Foster also had an outstanding game & season.

Its a shame Gary Wheeler has had an injury-prone season as would love to see him & Kyle together at half-back like they did in the academy team.

I think Potters main legacy will be the way he has brought the youngsters through & instilled confidence in them.

Lomax was superb. Not had a bad game yet. Doesnt seem to matter where he plays.

He has to be young player of the year, for the club award if not the super league one.

Foster also had an outstanding game & season.

Its a shame Gary Wheeler has had an injury-prone season as would love to see him & Kyle together at half-back like they did in the academy team.

I think Potters main legacy will be the way he has brought the youngsters through & instilled confidence in them.

Despite bringing through a plethora of young lads this year,I still won't shed a tear as Potters' removal van crosses The Pennines. I wish him all the luck he's going to need at Bradford. Although following Mike Basset is hardly a tall order.

I was at Widnes for the pre season friendly when he played about 10 young lads in the first half,and perhaps only a few less in the second. Little did I think I would be seeing so much of them as the season has progressed.

But Lomax played full back in that game and really impressed. We have a real gem of a player here,and when his position in the side is finally settled he's gonna be a real asset.

Hard to tell which position Lomax was playing in to be honest. Named at LF and moved around the field like a LF but took up the 1st receiver position at a couple of the scrums like a traditional stand off.

Wellens went off with a knock in the last 20 and he moved to full back then and didn't look out of place in any of the positions.

Personally i'd like to see him as Wellens long term replacement at full back with either Wheeler or Gaskell taking over from Pryce at 6.

It was also good to see Jamie Ellis make his long awaited come back in the U20's game. I reckon if Eastmond defects to the dark side in 2012 then this lad is more than capable of making the step up to take his place.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Hard to tell which position Lomax was playing in to be honest. Named at LF and moved around the field like a LF but took up the 1st receiver position at a couple of the scrums like a traditional stand off.

Wellens went off with a knock in the last 20 and he moved to full back then and didn't look out of place in any of the positions.

Personally i'd like to see him as Wellens long term replacement at full back with either Wheeler or Gaskell taking over from Pryce at 6.

It was also good to see Jamie Ellis make his long awaited come back in the U20's game. I reckon if Eastmond defects to the dark side in 2012 then this lad is more than capable of making the step up to take his place.

I think Wellens has a good few years left, I've seen Lomax play a few times at FB and although alot quicker of the foot, he did not look as confident under the high ball which is the bread and butter for a FB. I've actually enjoyed seeing Wheeler at Centre he seams to have a good step although may not be as quick as lomax, as centre position seams to have been covered by buying in and Flanner maybe off to Bradford with Potter, maybe Wheeler at loose forward with Lomax at standoff.

All this is dependant upon personel changes, there are alot of rumours at the moment about who Potter will take to bradford, I suppose it depends how much of that is true.

It's all about da bass

2012 team at Saints

1. Wellens (Will take a 1 year rolling contract like Cunningham until he retires)

2. Foster (Meli to take a 2 year contract rather than play one rolling 1 year)

3. Shenton

4. Soliola

5. Gardner (don't ask me why but I think he'll still be about)

6. Lomax (Pryce to bradford in 2011 or 2012 according to rumours)

7. Eastmond (contract extended after an injury hit season has cooled interest this year)

8. Graham (or an aussie if he goes to oz)

9. Roby

10. Perry

11. Puletua

12. Clough

13. Wheeler

14. Hargreaves

15. Emitt

16. Wilkin (although if KR improve they may come a knocking for him to return to his home town)

17. Moore

18. Ashurst

19. Dixon

20. Magennis

21. Gaskell

Looking at that team, it's pretty consistent from the team of today with only 3 players in turn over , Pryce, Meli and FLannery. Although that is only from Bradford speculation.

I'm not sure the rest of the Saints youngsters will make it, you can only bring so many through and in the end some of them will see their long term futures served better elsewhere like SMith did at Salford.

I'd love for them all to make it but these are the players who have been playing this year for the 1st team. In the end it's down to the players how many years they are prepared to stick it out in the reserves before getting their call up.

Although there maybe room for 1 more as Gardner may move on also.

It's all about da bass

2012 team at Saints

6. Lomax (Pryce to bradford in 2011 or 2012 according to rumours)

Rumoured that bradford wan't Pryce but Saints want a fee. Should the dulls manage to get a few more pennies out of their near empty piggy bank then strong rumour that Kurt Gidley will be heading to Saints as his replacement.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Rumoured that bradford wan't Pryce but Saints want a fee. Should the dulls manage to get a few more pennies out of their near empty piggy bank then strong rumour that Kurt Gidley will be heading to Saints as his replacement.

Staying at Saints from the Horses mouth!

logo_eyewear_bobster.gif

Kurt Gidley - now there is an over-rated player. He can stay in Oz for mine. :dry: