Saints lose

Where are all the usual suspects on here who bleat on about P&R causing finanical problems

They'll be along in a minute with phrases such as "debt in itself isn't a problem" before chucking up smoke-screens involving Fev's average attendance in 1978 and the state of the dunnies at the old Hilton Park.

It's not a question of coming down to earth, Mr Duxbury. Some of us, Mr Duxbury, belong in the stars.

They lost 450k last year. Tbh, accounts puzzle me as I'm sure there'll be plenty of massaging of figures for tax reasons, separate companies controlling club/stadia, etc. But taken at face value, Saints figures don't look too impressive.

Saints lose money because of the cost of upkeeping a ground that prevents them maximising attendances or corporate income. Just goes to show why the RFL are correct to force clubs to focus on getting 21st century facilities!

Rugby League is a sport that desperately needs to expand its geographical supporter base and its player base. This imperative means that all other requirements are secondary until this is done.

All power in the game should be with governing bodies, especially international governing bodies.

Without these actions we will remain a minor sport internationally and nationally.

Imagine if Wakey, Cas etc had made such a loss

Where are all the usual suspects on here who bleat on about P&R causing finanical problems

Saints have made a huge loss and nowt to do with P&R

Didn't Saints make a similar loss a few years back

They lost money because of their #### ground - and potentially (nobody's answered) for the costs of building a new one.

Something you bang on about every other week whilst threatening to relegate them and Bradford.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Saints have made a huge loss and nowt to do with P&R

Yet you still bring it up despite it having no relevance to the thread!

They also managed to lose so much money under the "protection" of the salary cap, but you won't here me bleating on about it............................ :ph34r:

They lost money because of their #### ground - and potentially (nobody's answered) for the costs of building a new one.

Something you bang on about every other week whilst threatening to relegate them and Bradford.

Yes but financials were the reason why Widnes didn't go up last time around

I imgaine if they announced the same loss as Saints they could kiss goodbye to SL aspirations

One rule for certain SL clubs, another for everyone else

Yes but financials were the reason why Widnes didn't go up last time around

I imgaine if they announced the same loss as Saints they could kiss goodbye to SL aspirations

One rule for certain SL clubs, another for everyone else

Saints never went bankrupt !

The club have been making a loss largely due to the cost of the upkeep of KR. I remember reading somewhere an iterview with Eamon McManus where he said that it was actually cheaper to hire out the Halton Stadium for a year than it was to continue to repair & maintain Knowsley Road.

No issue with the current loss as its being covered by the board

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

I really can't see Saints spending much on the upkeep of KR specially with the knowledge that they were leaving in a year or two. Bit of point and the odd new turnstile and crash barrier sure but I would guess maintenance over and above the costs to maintain a new ground (groundsman's wages are often lumped in the cost element on accounts) are no more than 100 to 200k.

The detailed accounts will spell it out in any case.

Its more to do that sadly virtually every team in SL seems to make loses of on average over

Are Saints creditors not being paid, I think not.

Are Saints in danger of being declared insolvent, I think not.

Widnes didn't have problems with a license because they made a loss their problem was their recent insolvency. Making a loss is hell of a big difference to being declared insolvent.

Just making a loss means nothing other than you owe somebody, bank, directors or whoever some money, money that is usually borrowed on agreed terms. As long as your repyaments meet the agreed terms of the borrowing there is not an issue. That applies to any club, be it Saints, Leeds, Featherstone, Leigh, Blackpool or Doncaster.

Changing the way P&R works wasn't done to stop clubs owing money.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I really can't see Saints spending much on the upkeep of KR specially with the knowledge that they were leaving in a year or two. Bit of point and the odd new turnstile and crash barrier sure but I would guess maintenance over and above the costs to maintain a new ground (groundsman's wages are often lumped in the cost element on accounts) are no more than 100 to 200k.

Its more to do that sadly virtually every team in SL seems to make loses of on average over

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

and thats exactly why I didn't say that.

I didn't say you did, I was adding to your comment not arguing with it.

Not every reply is picking an argument. :rolleyes:

Chances are that its a paper loss anyway, Directors Loans etc, its does not always mean that the club owe that sort of money on real terms.

Saints have actually used their overdraft to fund a lot of the losses in 2009 - their overdraft as at 31st October 2009 (date of the accounts) was

Saints have actually used their overdraft to fund a lot of the losses in 2009 - their overdraft as at 31st October 2009 (date of the accounts) was