Barrow Boss QUITS.............

North West Evening MailRaidersMcCormack quits as Barrow Raiders boss

Last updated at 16:15, Tuesday, 17 August 2010

STEVE McCormack has quit his role as Barrow Raiders coach less than a year into his stay at Craven Park.

The former Salford and Gateshead boss handed in his resignation to Raiders chairman Des Johnston this morning to take up a permanent teaching post near his Wigan home.

McCormack has endured a torrid time with injuries in his 10 months in charge of Raiders, with Barrow currently fourth in the Championship table and losing their latest game 35-6 at Dewsbury on Sunday.

The club confirmed the departure in a statement issued this afternoon.

It said:

ANother coach falls out with 'Super Dessie'.

I'd like to say I'm surprised, but, well, that would be a lie.

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

I hope Dave Clark takes charge. He has been the best manager the Raiders have had recently.

The players seem to respond to him too. This could be just the thing to get us back on track.

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

McCormack, who guided Barrow to the quarter-finals of the Challenge Cup this season, with victory over Super League Castleford in the fourth round, added his own statement.

He said:

Edited by mick wilson

Bad news for Barrow and I don't have the attendance figures at hand but on the Halifax board they say that they are 700 down on last season.

I know there's a lot of "Des haters" on here, but McCormack's got an offer of a full-time teaching post and has decided to stand down. That is what has happened on the face of it. There may be a sub-plot, but why is everyone on here such a cynical sod. Can't it just be true?

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I know there's a lot of "Des haters" on here, but McCormack's got an offer of a full-time teaching post and has decided to stand down. That is what has happened on the face of it. There may be a sub-plot, but why is everyone on here such a cynical sod. Can't it just be true?

Perhaps. One game before the end of the season and the playoffs? Odd.

How long before the start of term to teachers have to start working?

Not many staff get appointed on 17th of August to start in September. You'd've thought he could've done the first three weeks of term part-time till Barrow were dumped out of the playoffs.

Whatever like. I think they'll be more dangerous without him tbh

Perhaps because Des is well known to go in to the changing rooms at HT when Barrow have had a bad 40 minutes. He also hates losing-which is fair enough, but his actions after losing at such places as Leigh, Halifax etc do not help. And the timing is very wierd to say the least! I bet Des was fuming and being hammered by little Dewsbury and the way they were hammered. I doubt Mcmormack thought ever- even Sunday-OK time to go. More like Des was more than unhappy and told him goodbye.

Can any of the locals confirm whether or not there is any truth in the rumours that Stokes has left Haven today too?? I bloody hope so!!

Whitehaven RLFC - Still in NL1, I blame Leroy Joe

Candlestick Chimney

Lord Oftheflies, Order of the Knights on the Town, (for services smoke removal devices in the architectural landscape of the North Country)

All Hail King Gerremonside I