Tomkins, Eastmond, O'Loughlin, Peacock and Graham

Maybe he doesn't think their good enough(shocking as it may be for you to comprehend)

Maybe, but usually players big up their own team mates, I admire Mozza for being honest and fair here.

You could argue that the best players at Wire are the imports King, Monaghan and Solomona who are making the English better than what they are.

Peacock? I haven't really seen him do anything I was all that impressed with in the past 2 years.

I hope we don't have more than 1 or 2 of the best English players in the SL heading Down Under as I think it would be really detrimental to the SL. Wouldn't S Tomkins need to add 5-10 KGs in the next few years for NRL teams to be interested as they seem to prefer stockier Backs?

Cheap shots, High Tackles & Grapple tackles seem to be part of the game in the NRL so O'Loughlan would probably fit right in. They can have him & Bailly if they like. :D

Edited by HappyDave

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

Peacock would be too old, not sure i would choose o'loughlin either

the other 2 i would have in there place, well thats a difficult one

possibly Tom Briscoe at hull (it pains me to say it as a rovers fan) But he is a top player and is young enough to develop into a great player

and he may not be the best player but i would be interested to see how jamie langley went in the NRL, he is a real grafter and he may not get the accoladed he always puts it in

I would tend to agree with him, although I am suprised he has not picked any Wire players.

I hope he is right and at least a few of them mentioned give the NRL a go, Graham would be my bet most realistically, he has done it all in SL and has age on his side.

Two reasons - whilst most of Wire's English players would be perfectly at home in the NRL, non of them are really 'star' players and one would assume that Morley was being asked for players who could follow Burgess and Ellis and dominate the NRL.

Secondly, there may be the potential that some scouts actually listen to what he's got to say - and I doubt he'd be too popular at the HJ if the club lost a couple of players on his say so.

People called Romans they go the house

In that case, you have no idea what you are looking for.

Top player.

Maybe I just haven't managed to seen much of him play. Was he in the G4N squad? Hasn't he been out for a fair bit of the season with his knee injury? Plus he hasn't seemed to be on the pitch very long in the games I've seen him in. He doesn't seem to make much distance with his scoots so how are his passing & tackling?

"I've never seen a woman with hairy ears... And I've been to St Helens" - John Bishop

Maybe I just haven't managed to seen much of him play. Was he in the G4N squad? Hasn't he been out for a fair bit of the season with his knee injury? Plus he hasn't seemed to be on the pitch very long in the games I've seen him in. He doesn't seem to make much distance with his scoots so how are his passing & tackling?

:huh: You are talking about Jamie Peacock (the Leeds and England prop forward) aren't you Dave?

He doesn't seem to make much distance with his scoots so how are his passing & tackling?

I know its late mate.....

Would love to have seen Ferriol go to the NRL a couple of years ago. When fit I've yet to see anyone get the better of him up front.

:huh: You are talking about Jamie Peacock (the Leeds and England prop forward) aren't you Dave?

Yup! That's the one!

I know its late mate.....

Pardon?

Edited by HappyDave

Yup! That's the one!
I'm a bit baffled then. When you refer to scoots, what are you talking about? He has only made 2 runs from acting half all year, and that isn't a prop's role.

Also, not sure what you are getting at when questioning his passing and tackling.

and he may not be the best player but i would be interested to see how jamie langley went in the NRL, he is a real grafter and he may not get the accoladed he always puts it in

He wouldn't get a 1st team game. He might be big guy but he goes down too easily & I can't ever remember him breaking a tackle or really putting the shoulder in and flattening an opposition player like you'd expect a top class forward to do.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Peacock? I haven't really seen him do anything I was all that impressed with in the past 2 years.

Apart from being the leader of the forwards of the Superleague Champions for the last 3 years and the capt of England and someone who has NEVER taken a backwards step or gone hiding no matter who he's playing against.

Jamie Peacock is a top player!

Edited by Wiltshire Rhino
2014 Challenged Cup Winner

would like to see a few english backs testing there self in the NRL like the likes of eastmond myler or tomkins an maybe a few centre/wingers such as briscoe shenton or bridge. Would be interesting to see how they do

COME ON THE CORN

CLASSY CAS 4EVA

Go Go Go York City Knights!

Okay, fair enough guys I'm in the wrong. Plus I'm not going down this line any more... Yeah, you've got it, there's a Committee Meeting tonight. :D

Sinfield for England captain... Who recogns I'll be on the opposite side of the table. :lol:

I agree on the quality of the list, but I also agree that Peacock is too old now. What point would it have? Much better he spends he final years in England. On the same train of thought, I don't think O'Loughlin is too old to come over. I'd count on him being as successful as Ellis.

No comment really needed on Graham, except that he needs to get over here ASAP.

Tomkins and Eastmond, despite their obvious talent, will have it much harder. They might find themselves at fullback, but would depend on the club (very few clubs without a very good fullback). If they played in the halves, i'd be pretty sure about failure, too much expectation and responsibility in that position. You have to be exceptional to be seen as good enough. Most NRL halves cop it as not being good enough, the rest are Queenslanders (all 4 of them), and their clubs never let go of them. Very hard for an English back to star in the NRL.

Tomkins and Eastmond, despite their obvious talent, will have it much harder. They might find themselves at fullback, but would depend on the club (very few clubs without a very good fullback). If they played in the halves, i'd be pretty sure about failure, too much expectation and responsibility in that position. You have to be exceptional to be seen as good enough. Most NRL halves cop it as not being good enough, the rest are Queenslanders (all 4 of them), and their clubs never let go of them. Very hard for an English back to star in the NRL.

I disagree, I reckon both Tomkins & Eastmond would be huge hits in the NRL. From the games i've watched this year I can't recall seeing a single half back who's stood out as being outstanding. Lockyer has done it a couple of times but far less frequently than he used to, Thurston seems to have hobbled out of every match and Marshall is a bit like Pryce, brilliant when he wants to play but oblivious in half the games.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

It's not really how they perform in SL. I just don't believe they have the full set of skills to be a top half in the NRL. As I said, I believe there's only 4 in the NRL currently to meet the criteria, neither of them are anywhere near that level.