TotalRL meet-up for Wembley

Has an "official" total RL meet-up been arranged before/after the cup final?

I don't recall there being a proper one since the one Big Graeme held one in his Firkin pub in Holborn, 1999 (that was in the days when this board was called summat else, though I forgot what)

Given the relatively close-ish location (10min walk or so) to the Moss Sisley spaceport (aka Baker Street ;) ) to Wembley, for starters I would suggest the Pontefract Castle on Wigmore Street, W1

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/85/...stle/Marylebone

Been the location of many a decent RL night in the distant past.......

The Volunteer is a belting boozer just round the corner form Baker St tube, short walk to Marylebone for Train to Wembley, better than the Tube.

http://www.thevolunteernw1.co.uk/

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

The Volunteer is a belting boozer just round the corner form Baker St tube, short walk to Marylebone for Train to Wembley, better than the Tube.

http://www.thevolunteernw1.co.uk/

Good pub. The only prob for a meet-up, is that the Volunteer will get massively packed before the game, and is a bit further away from the bright lights for after the game.

that being said it might do for a swift pint before hopping on't tube

Also the Pontefract Castle is much nearer to Oxford Street/Soho etc

Good pub. The only prob for a meet-up, is that the Volunteer will get massively packed before the game, and is a bit further away from the bright lights for after the game.

I won't have enough for Soho ;)

I think we'll be going to the cheapest pub possible :D

For you, I suggest The Cock on Great Portland Street.

Sam Smiths, you see.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Done it for the last few years and it's been fine - best venue I've found in all my years going to Wembley

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Sam Smiths, you see.

No idea where that is but if it's half as good as our very own Fighting Cock on Preston Street then I'll be won over.

Sam Smiths, you see.

:D

Not very nice that...but amusing, none the less.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I don't care what people on here think of me.

I love Rugby League and would die for the sport that I hold close to my heart and if I have one last aim before the year is out, is to take my dad to one final game, because it was him that made me catch the addiction that is Rugby League.

I love Rugby League and would die for the sport that I hold close to my heart and if I have one last aim before the year is out, is to take my dad to one final game, because it was him that made me catch the addiction that is Rugby League.

You should care what people think on here........... they rule your life, they own you, you should know better.

male genitals!!!

Well said Mick, far too many people on here have bigger egos than the glamour club / pie dome / skint helens or whinos put together ;):O:P

You continue to enjoy the forum, others will have to learn to ignore you or maybe even report you ;) (guess no one would ever do that :ph34r: )

I reiterate what Paul posted ealier mate. Some of your biggest critics on here could do to take a long hard look at themselves before they dish it out.

Hope you manage to achieve your wish for your Dad, Mick. That was my aim in 2002 when I was able to take my Dad to his last game and that ended up being Hull FC v New Zealand, the Final game at the Boulevard.

Kind of poignant, that.

I don't recall there being a proper one since the one Big Graeme held one in his Firkin pub in Holborn, 1999 (that was in the days when this board was called summat else, though I forgot what)

It wasn't called anything. TRL didn't launch till March 2001.

Blimey, I'll have been modding this site for ten years next March. :O

Do I qualify for a Testimonial?

How dare you.

The Cock is an excellent pub and a decent pint is under

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

It wasn't called anything. TRL didn't launch till March 2001.

Blimey, I'll have been modding this site for ten years next March. :O

Do I qualify for a Testimonial?

What was it before you have to submit your name/address and a tenner? Wasn't this the original Virtual terrace?

How dare you.

The Cock is an excellent pub and a decent pint is under

Anyone going to Skolars on Friday night?

Going for pre-match drinks in Hampstead/Belsize Park, but plan to get to Wembley in time for the Champion Schools Final.

disques vogue

The club where Eurovision isn't a dirty word. A waltz through the leopard skin lined world of Tom Jones, Bert Kampfert and Burt Bacharach. Step out to the sound of the happy hammond and swing to the seductive sounds of the samba.

DJ's, raffles, cocktails and wide collars. Please dress smart. Gentlemen might like to wear a suit.

Same price. Same music. Same rubbish prizes.