Lowes to be Head Coach of Quins

WARRINGTON Wolves assistant coach James Lowes has been put in the frame to succeed his long-time friend Brian McDermott at Harlequins.

McDermott, who is joining Leeds as No2 to Brian McClennan next season ahead of a promotion to the top job in 2012, is likely to recommend Lowes for the Quins role if asked.

If Lowes does leave the Challenge Cup holders, Leeds

So, "Lowes to be head coach" is actually:

IF Jimmy applies, gets interviewed and viewed as suitable, and IF the outgoing coach is asked his opinion, then MAYBE he could get a recommendation which COULD mean he'd be offered the position.

Only then would a position be available for Cummings, if he were to be interested etc.

As Monty Python put it, Bloody Vikings.... ;)

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

I would not be at all surprised to see this happen.

Not at all.

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wise people so full of doubts.

Bury your memories; bury your friends. Leave it alone for a year or two.  Till the stories grow hazy, and the legends come true.  Then do it again - some things never end.

I seem to recall Stevo was offered the job back in the London Crusaders days in the late 80s. Maybe now would be a good time for the big man to show everyone how a RL team really should be coached.

Stevo - you've gotta get the message out. :D

Not quite - it was when we were at Chiswick as Fulham and he was still in Australia. Due to an intervention by a third party only marginally connected with the club he decided not to come at the last minute. No blame attached to him at all, by the way. Even at this distance that's all that can be safely said.

Not quite - it was when we were at Chiswick as Fulham and he was still in Australia. Due to an intervention by a third party only marginally connected with the club he decided not to come at the last minute. No blame attached to him at all, by the way. Even at this distance that's all that can be safely said.

Yeah Fulham not Crusaders. I remember reading about it in 'Touch and Go', the excellent history of the London club upto 1995 (Well worth a read). I bet there's plenty of tales that had to be left out of that book - the Ross Strudwick era in particular.