Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the punt

Cup Final Hashtage

7 posts in this topic

Just picking up on the Twitter thread on AOB, can anyone tell me if there's a cup final hashtag? If not should we tweeters adopt one, if we all use the same one we could get it trending, which would be decent publicity for the game for free! Maybe us rugby league tweeters could use #rlcupfinal or similar for the next week for any rugby league related tweet. I follow loads of rugby league people, fans, players, journos etc. I'm sure there's enough of us to make an impact. Maybe League Express can get us all using the same hashtag to get the match trending? Once we've got something going maybe we can publisise ourselves here, and on FB etc.

#challengecupfinal has already been used by a leeds fan, #rlcupfinal has no results on a search.

Edited by markleeds

:huh:

Can anybody posting stuff like the above, please put subtitles underneath for us folk who don't dabble in social networking? Ta.

#challengecupfinal has already been used by a leeds fan, #rlcupfinal has no results on a search.

#challengecupfinal it is then!

Spread the word!

Edited by the punt

:huh:

Can anybody posting stuff like the above, please put subtitles underneath for us folk who don't dabble in social networking? Ta.

To search on Twitter, you search against hashtags - e.g. #BradfordBulls, #HullFC, #rugbyleague.

These take a little time to get established and the more people that use them, the more popular they become. So if everybody uses the same one, it will show up on popularity searches and will be good publicity for the game.

Social networking equivalent of you all wearing a Hull FC shirt to the pub one night. The regulars are bound to ask - where as they might not if you were all in different ones.

The problem with #challengecupfinal is that it's long and when you only have 140 characters with which to make your point it is a bit silly to waste 18 of them on a hash tag. A shorter one would have been better, i.e. #ccfinal.

Just for info, #rlscores is also used when people post updates from games.