See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lee

Congrats Wigan

25 posts in this topic

Most consistent team over the season, well done, deserved this year

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well done wigan, definately deserved the table does not lie, best defense best attack.

still dont think we will get to old Trafford but Wigan have exeeded everyones expectations.

first silver wear in 8 years I will take it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
well done wigan, definately deserved the table does not lie, best defense best attack.

still dont think we will get to old Trafford but Wigan have exeeded everyones expectations.

first silver wear in 8 years I will take it.

Why will you not make it to old trafford?

You've been the best team why should that change?

I'll just copy this straight from what I posted on the Wigan match page as I do believe that the league leaders is more important than some of the derogatory comments that some posters give it.

Having said that maybe Wigan will present themselves with the championship trophy and we can get a proper trophy with some history back into circulation rather than the commemoratorive plate.

Well done Wigan, I know it's fashionable to buy into the grand final like it's something different from what was the premiership. But for me anyway the league is still king as it was in the days when Wigan won it several times in a row. It tests a club like no other competition making you use all your squad, testing you against all sides and all styles of play.

I was still hoping that a miracle would occur and Hull Kr would take it to the last game of the year.

Well done to the league champions. (if not the GF champions).

Although I will point out that actually Saints currently have the best attack. (well it's something to hold onto in the playoffs)

Edited by bewareshadows

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
well done wigan, definately deserved the table does not lie, best defense best attack.

still dont think we will get to old Trafford but Wigan have exeeded everyones expectations.

first silver wear in 8 years I will take it.

Yes, well done Wigan. And it's silverware. B)

Edited by Saint Billinge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
most creative attack all season, makes rugby worth watching

Yep. Well done Wigan. Table never lies as they say.

Edited by TBC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done Wigan. More proof of what a difference a change of coach can have on a team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to all at Wigan.

Gutted that BOAB has returned to this forum today ;)

Again big well down.

Enjoy your night.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think its fair to say that the team has achieved way above the vast majority of Wigan supporters expectations this season already. From here on everything else is just an added bonus to the unexpected.

I don't think this Wigan team has quite what it takes to win the GF, but then again I didn't think they had a chance of finishing minor premiers either.

Well done to the team and especially to the coaching staff who have turned an average team into serious contenders.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A good weekend to be a rugby supporter in Wigan I expect.

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I think its fair to say that the team has achieved way above the vast majority of Wigan supporters expectations this season already. From here on everything else is just an added bonus to the unexpected.

If you're really honest with yourself winning the grand final is not just an added bonus it is essential now you've put yourself in poll position, anything else will be a major disappointment. Whoever becomes champions will go down in the history books as the best team of 2010 and the hubcap winners will be forgotten overnight. Finishing top of the regular season is an indication of how well wigan have performed up till now but if you ask the players it means very little in reality, there's no medals handed out just yet and that's what they want at the end of the season, a winners ring on their fingers. Superleague is all about peaking over a 3 week period at the end of the season, whether you will peak remains to be seen, one thing's for sure though, 99% of wigan fans will be banging their heads against the wall if you don't go on and become champions from here. You are part of the other 1% it would seem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If you're really honest with yourself winning the grand final is not just an added bonus it is essential now you've put yourself in poll position, anything else will be a major disappointment. Whoever becomes champions will go down in the history books as the best team of 2010 and the hubcap winners will be forgotten overnight. Finishing top of the regular season is an indication of how well wigan have performed up till now but if you ask the players it means very little in reality, there's no medals handed out just yet and that's what they want at the end of the season, a winners ring on their fingers. Superleague is all about peaking over a 3 week period at the end of the season, whether you will peak remains to be seen, one thing's for sure though, 99% of wigan fans will be banging their heads against the wall if you don't go on and become champions from here. You are part of the other 1% it would seem.

I must also be part of the 1% then as I think it is a fantastic achievement to finish top of the pile and do not think winning the GF is "essential" just because we have finished first.

I agree with Padge's sentiments, the team has performed way above the supporter's expectations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be amazed if Wigan don't reach the Grand Final from finishing top of the pile, history tell us its virtually a given. What have Wigan fans seen in other sides that makes them think thier team isn't good enough to win it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with finch, hoffman and lima replacing riddell et al, watch the form next year

maguire has shown what a good coach he is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am very happily in the so called 1%.

We won the league. That far exceeded my expectations, and will do for mine. We can lose our 3 remaining games 100 nil for all I care from here.

I think we will not win the GF for 2 reasons - we have never won a knock out with these players, and lack a dominant forward to take us over the line. That said, if we can get Amos back and firing and 4 props fit we stand a decent chance - Leeds and Saints have injuries, but even injured Saints can beat Wire. Probably our best chance is to play Saints at OT, without a few of their key men and some of our many injured players back. Not impossible, but I wouldn't make us favourites by any means.

Meanwhile, I am happy to laud our heroes - Sam, Lockers and Pat have been immense. 16 of our Academy players have played for the first team this year, so our success has had a fantastic Wigan spine to it.

Anything can happen between now and then, but with Lima, Hoffman and Hock giving us plenty of size and aggression in the pack next year and Finch guiding us around and freeing Sam up to play his tricks next year is an exciting prospect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I am very happily in the so called 1%.

We won the league. That far exceeded my expectations, and will do for mine. We can lose our 3 remaining games 100 nil for all I care from here.

I think we will not win the GF for 2 reasons - we have never won a knock out with these players, and lack a dominant forward to take us over the line. That said, if we can get Amos back and firing and 4 props fit we stand a decent chance - Leeds and Saints have injuries, but even injured Saints can beat Wire. Probably our best chance is to play Saints at OT, without a few of their key men and some of our many injured players back. Not impossible, but I wouldn't make us favourites by any means.

Meanwhile, I am happy to laud our heroes - Sam, Lockers and Pat have been immense. 16 of our Academy players have played for the first team this year, so our success has had a fantastic Wigan spine to it.

Anything can happen between now and then, but with Lima, Hoffman and Hock giving us plenty of size and aggression in the pack next year and Finch guiding us around and freeing Sam up to play his tricks next year is an exciting prospect.

Agreed.

I didn't have any high expectations this year, mainly due to the fact that the team is made up of the same players as the last few years.

To finish top of the pile is a huge testament to the coaching staff, and I include the likes of Wane in that as well as Maguire, who has obviously done a superb job.

The big test will be next season when mine, and everybody else's expectations, will be much higher.

It would be nice to get to the GF, and fantastic to win it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IF Hull finished top of the pile we'd have won a wheel trim B) Congrats to Wigan. The hard work starts here. Edited by deluded pom?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.