Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
petero

Mac's big problem looming.

55 posts in this topic

But who cares, apart from you, and a few other Aussie obsessed goons on here?

I watch SL because I enjoy it. I am a long term season ticket holder, and I enjoy everything about the matchday experience. I do not sit in my seat at the match thinking "I wonder if Wigan would be winning this 24-0 if they were playing Sydney City Roosters".

Do you know why I don't think about such things? Because it's completely bloody irrelevant, that's why.

Who gives a sh!te which teams would favourably compare to teams in the NRL? It's never going to happen, so why not just enjoy the stuff that's in front of us on the grass?

Conversely, if you think that SL is so poor when compared to the Aussie version, then just don't bloody watch it.

Good Post ;)

Your on Fire tonight :D

Your on Fire tonight :D

There are more than a few posters on here who wish I was on fire, literally.

There are more than a few posters on here who wish I was on fire, literally.

You've actually realised that to, have you?

Y'know I would imagine that even you would be hard pressed to find anyone who does sit at a match thinking " I wonder if Wigan/anyteam would be winning 24 nil if they were playing Sydney roosters" instead, stupid boy.

For once you are correct, that is an absolute irrevelence, why would anyone want to think that? :(

It may come as a surprise but I also thoroughly enjoy S/L games too, it just so happens that I do not watch them through rose tinted glasses and convince myself that this is the ultimate in Rugby League, it is not.

The NRL like it or lump it often gives me 'personally' a bigger thrill still when I watch it, if that upsets you and your fellow deniers well tough ######.

There are good and bad games in the NRL and the best display out of three matches I saw on Saturday, two from Oz and the CCF was by Warrington!

I make no apologies for that statement either, before you start off with some inane comment yet again.

But on the whole the better quality R/L I am lucky enough to watch regularly, again this is simply my own opinion, is mainly from Oz were I find, the game is generally better contested and played by better on the whole, players and teams.

I do not consider the aussies supermen, that is your description not mine, but I do like their brand of R/L and will go on, even at the risk of upsetting you and voice my opinion on the subject.

PS. I hope we go there and win the 4 Nations next month, egg on my face or not.

Im'e not hopeful but nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see that occur.

Okay, I'll drop the dry humping jokes now, as I realise you're too young for the smutty joke. My bad! :D

I live down in the south west so don't get to watch any pro/semi pro rugby at any grounds but I enjoy playing the amateur game & watching SL & the occasional CC game on TV and thoroughly agree with Hannibal. Got my SL Grand Final ticket on it's way. Wayhey!

Edited by HappyDave

You've actually realised that to, have you?

Y'know I would imagine that even you would be hard pressed to find anyone who does sit at a match thinking " I wonder if Wigan/anyteam would be winning 24 nil if they were playing Sydney roosters" instead, stupid boy.

For once you are correct, that is an absolute irrevelence, why would anyone want to think that? :(

It may come as a surprise but I also thoroughly enjoy S/L games too, it just so happens that I do not watch them through rose tinted glasses and convince myself that this is the ultimate in Rugby League, it is not.

The NRL like it or lump it often gives me 'personally' a bigger thrill still when I watch it, if that upsets you and your fellow deniers well tough ######.

There are good and bad games in the NRL and the best display out of three matches I saw on Saturday, two from Oz and the CCF was by Warrington!

I make no apologies for that statement either, before you start off with some inane comment yet again.

But on the whole the better quality R/L I am lucky enough to watch regularly, again this is simply my own opinion, is mainly from Oz were I find, the game is generally better contested and played by better on the whole, players and teams.

I do not consider the aussies supermen, that is your description not mine, but I do like their brand of R/L and will go on, even at the risk of upsetting you and voice my opinion on the subject.

PS. I hope we go there and win the 4 Nations next month, egg on my face or not.

Im'e not hopeful but nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see that occur.

Wrong forum.

If you want to post about the NRL with one hand on the Kleenex, please go to the Australian RL forum.

This is for European RL.

Thanks.