Metropolitan line closures this Sat

HI, Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings for those of you thinking of using the Met line this Sat, but there is no service between Amersham and Northwood. So, don't park out at Amersham, Chalfont and Latimer, Chorleywood, Rickmansworth or Moor Park unless you are prepared to use the bus replacement service to Northwood and then get the tube on to Wembley.

Second year running this has happened. Of course it's only ordinary people in Britain who are dumb, not the highly-educated managers who make these decisions: "Oh, 85000 people at Wembley, that will make us a lot of money in fares. I know, let's have closures for the weekend and cause mass inconvenience."

In the immortal words of Richard Littlejohn: "You couldn't make it up!"

P.S. recommendations please for my annual bet on the Lance Todd Trophy winner

Instead of Amersham, head for Aylesbury, Princes Risboro, High Wycombe, or similar on the Chiltern line, for a train to Wembley Stadium Station.

I'll be in the Green Man, Aylesbury Market sq, less than a 5 min walk to the station for pre-train (12:33 dep, arrive 13:25) drinkies.

2 real ales, food, stunning landlady, perfect venue.... ;)

Oh yeah, Ben Westwood.

Edited by goldcard

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Instead of Amersham, head for Aylesbury, Princes Risboro, High Wycombe, or similar on the Chiltern line, for a train to Wembley Stadium Station.

I'll be in the Green Man, Aylesbury Market sq, less than a 5 min walk to the station for pre-train (12:33 dep, arrive 13:25) drinkies.

Oh yeah, Ben Westwood.

Sorry, think I just cocked up a reply. Will check in the morning and let you know, but I think the Aylesbury to Marylebone connection is out as well. High Wycombe connection is a possible, but I'd advise you to check it out in advance.

I shall be going for a train to King's Cross, then probably a tube to Marylebone and the High Wycombe train to Wembley

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Sorry, think I just cocked up a reply. Will check in the morning and let you know, but I think the Aylesbury to Marylebone connection is out as well. High Wycombe connection is a possible, but I'd advise you to check it out in advance.

Nat. Rail website had no issues flagged, it's a different route, overland with Chiltern Railways, goes via Wycombe, not Amersham (though that route might have problems, didn't check...), you flagged up underground issues.

I edited in the train times after I looked it up. ;)

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Is Watford Junction OK?

Always been a dump..... :P

Oh yeah, Ben Westwood.

How much from Aylesbury on the train, thinking of driving to Northolt.

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

How much from Aylesbury on the train, thinking of driving to Northolt.

It comes up as

Hi,

Checked out late this morning at Amersham station. Categorically told that for this coming weekend the Chiltern line out of Aylesbury will only go as far as Gt Missenden ( which is only a few stops). Posters in the entrance also say clearly no Chiltern service between Marylebone and Gt Missenden. However, this is a different Chiltern Railways route from the one that goes through High Wycombe to Marylebone, and that one looks ok - you could also get on that one further down at Beaconsfield.

Someone mentioned going into Watford Junction. There is a Watford underground station which is a branch of the Met Line, but that is also out of commission this weekend. Unless you are going into London and out again (pick up Jubilee line anywhere in London and it will take you to Wembley -as long as you're going in the right direction!), you will need to get down to Northwood to make use of the Met line.

Safe journeying to you all.

Oh yeah, Ben Westwood.

So I got to the station at 10 to buy tickets (