Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Maximus Decimus

Trouble at Harlequins?

79 posts in this topic

Sky pay what they feel the game needs. I doubt they care if there is a team in London or not.

Well someone did in the beginning, and a team in Paris.

It really is up to the powers that be, who-ever REALLY pulls the strings what happens next.

Makes no odds what we say here, "they" won't read this and say "goldcard's right, we should change names and move to Luton as London Hatters" or anything.

And from what I read into the BBC report, it IS a question of how deep the RFL's pockets are now.

I really should stop trying to type so quickly, I'm a van driver ffs..../edit.

Edited by goldcard

Well someone did in the beginning, and a team in Paris.

Yes but back then Sky wanted to make rugby league into a national / European sport and had good reason to be optimistic about London RL and PSG. Nowadays even Quins fans accept that their team are always likely to struggle.

Yes but back then Sky wanted to make rugby league into a national / European sport and had good reason to be optimistic about London RL and PSG. Nowadays even Quins fans accept that their team are always likely to struggle.

So did Richard Branson, when Virgin sponsored Broncos and led them out at Wembley, where's he now?

It really is, so what happens now? time.

As a Wires fan, I'm really worried this is it for top flight London rugby.

Had some great days out there when opportunity arose, and other than 75 and 90 in cup finals, never been to London to watch a defeat.

Sky pay what they feel the game needs. I doubt they care if there is a team in London or not.

put this reply in your files and keep it there until the next deal with sky is agreed.

i say, The next TV deal with sky will not be a penny more if there is no Super League club in London.

i hope i am wrong, and if i am i will apologize but i won't be.