Trouble at Warrington end

I'm not sure why or how but I didn't see any of this fighting at all so not sure it could have been that big an episode

It wasn't really, half a dozen max involved in a scuffle if anything, then there were folks standing keeping clear, or making way for stewards.

Hardly a riot, or major outbreak of violence, just a drink fuelled minor scuffle, actually dealt with in a minute or 2, though it took a bit longer for those near to re-take seats etc.

Pity it happened, maybe keeping drink away from pitchside would work, though that could lead to tensions in a drunken crowded bar at half time etc.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't really, half a dozen max involved in a scuffle if anything, then there were folks standing keeping clear, or making way for stewards.

Hardly a riot, or major outbreak of violence, just a drink fuelled minor scuffle, actually dealt with in a minute or 2, though it took a bit longer for those near to re-take seats etc.

Pity it happened, maybe keeping drink away from pitchside would work, though that could lead to tensions in a drunken crowded bar at half time etc.

I think it might have looked worse where I was sat looking down onto events. Certainly from reports from the likes of yourself and the punt who seemed to be nearer suggest so. I just saw three phases of it all, the initial flying fists between some fans, to the fighting with stewards when they intervened ending up with the far more visual aspect of large areas of seats emptying as fans moved away from the area and the stewards got on top of the situation.

Sadly one other thing I witnessed which I never thought I would at a game of Rugby League were two supporters being moved by stewards to other seating areas - both of whom were carrying visibly upset small children. It's the likes of these spectators that Rugby League can't afford to alienate.

..... so did anyone see the fight in the top tier of Warrington fans behind the sticks just after the one below.

Looked like two warrington females fans going at each other until one partner joined in and he in turn to attacked by a dozen.

Big fight in Warrington end. Looked like there was a block of Leeds fans in there. Lots of punches thrown and fans fighting stewards.

Sad to say some corporate types sat near us left in disgust.

We took a group from school to play in the finals. The parents were in the section were the trouble started they said it was caused by the Leeds fans. The parents and grandparents had up to then had a brilliant weekend at the schools final and at the match. These yobs totally spoiled it from what we got told they were Leeds UTD fans not Leeds rugby fans..

I think it might have looked worse where I was sat looking down onto events. Certainly from reports from the likes of yourself and the punt who seemed to be nearer suggest so. I just saw three phases of it all, the initial flying fists between some fans, to the fighting with stewards when they intervened ending up with the far more visual aspect of large areas of seats emptying as fans moved away from the area and the stewards got on top of the situation.

Sadly one other thing I witnessed which I never thought I would at a game of Rugby League were two supporters being moved by stewards to other seating areas - both of whom were carrying visibly upset small children. It's the likes of these spectators that Rugby League can't afford to alienate.

I was sitting behind the punt, I got in with his spare tickets, tbh.

I might have missed some of the start due to watching a rugby match, which was what I paid to do.

It looked worse because of folks moving away, pushing folks to keep them away.

Yes, there were a few phases, but not involving a great many actual participants.

Didn't see the sad sight you also reported, and scolly, no, didn't see that either, due to watching the match.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

Banging on about it same as he does about wires, a 1st round game away to Warrington isnt novel to us dont forget many of us have seen Rovers actually win the thing and more than once
Not sure who you mean by 'he' - do you mean Morley or Wendall? If it's the latter then I'll let you off! ;)

A first round game at Warrington is pretty novel to be fair, it hasn't happened for a long time, and fair play, your fans looked like they had a good time, but then so do fans of all clubs when they have an away day, especially when it is a game that is slightly out of the ordinary.

Not really sure why you had to turn it into a fan comp really, and as for your last line, I would expect all of our fans have seen us win the thing at least twice now bearing in mind we have won it two years running.

We took a group from school to play in the finals. The parents were in the section were the trouble started they said it was caused by the Leeds fans. The parents and grandparents had up to then had a brilliant weekend at the schools final and at the match. These yobs totally spoiled it from what we got told they were Leeds UTD fans not Leeds rugby fans..

If they were Utd fans they had gone out and bought Rhinos shirts...

It kicked off, stewards took a couple out, kicked off again with stewards, then kicked off again with a group (2-3 each side) standing toe to toe throwing punches. It ended when a row of stewards were positioned down the stairwell. It was enough to cause withering comments from the club wembley seat holders sat behind us, so much so that i doubt their seats will be used next year.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

IMO increasingly over the last few years the crowds are slowly getting spoilt by alcohol fuelled idiots. Its happening week by week at the grounds, and more so at the GF and CCF. I've seen increasing numbers of incidents at grounds and being reported on forums over the last few years, and its about time we call time on these anti-social folk who are deterring others from attending and watching good rugby league on the pitch.

I was sat by a right idiot who had 8 pints, during the half hour before the match until ten minutes into the second half. He was all over the place and made it uncomfortable for others who had paid a lot of money for their tickets.

There is no reason for alcohol to be consumed in view of the pitch, especially if the net result is people having pint after pint, and ending up spoiling the situation for others. This chap next to me had no idea what was happening in the second half! The alternative is to say that from kick off onwards, no ale at all is available.

I think we need definitely need to protect the reputation of our sport. Its ok some people saying its just the few, but its becoming more and more prevalent. How much longer do you leave it before a really big incident happens?

[center][url="http://www.twitter.com/HerbertSplatt"]Herbert Splatt's Twitter Feed[/url][/center]

IMO increasingly over the last few years the crowds are slowly getting spoilt by alcohol fuelled idiots. Its happening week by week at the grounds, and more so at the GF and CCF. I've seen increasing numbers of incidents at grounds and being reported on forums over the last few years, and its about time we call time on these anti-social folk who are deterring others from attending and watching good rugby league on the pitch.

I was sat by a right idiot who had 8 pints, during the half hour before the match until ten minutes into the second half. He was all over the place and made it uncomfortable for others who had paid a lot of money for their tickets.

There is no reason for alcohol to be consumed in view of the pitch, especially if the net result is people having pint after pint, and ending up spoiling the situation for others. This chap next to me had no idea what was happening in the second half! The alternative is to say that from kick off onwards, no ale at all is available.

I think we need definitely need to protect the reputation of our sport. Its ok some people saying its just the few, but its becoming more and more prevalent. How much longer do you leave it before a really big incident happens?

Good post.

I must admit to being a touch worried the other day when it looked like it could kick off and become worse than it did. It is pretty rare to see full on brawls in a crowd, as often it is just pushing and shoving and stewards step in and stop it, but this one could have got worse.

Last year I had drunk quite a bit, however am never aggressive or ruin other people's experience, unfortunately plenty of others can't say the same. This year I had about three pints prior to the game, and one in the stadium, and I must admit I enjoyed it a hell of a lot more than last year, and appreciated the actual game more.

A member of our group had about 8 pints in the game, and was a pain in the ###### tbh. Whilst I enjoy a pint during the match, I would rather see a ban during the match if that means fewer incidents.

Just stop them drinking during the game at least. If a Challenge Cup final at Wembley gets in the way of going out on the sauce, then they should give their ticket to somebody else who actually appreciates what is being played in front of them.

Just stop them drinking during the game at least. If a Challenge Cup final at Wembley gets in the way of going out on the sauce, then they should give their ticket to somebody else who actually appreciates what is being played in front of them.

Yep, and tbh at

Jees Lowfield, you still banging on about this game, just because you lot turned up and had a good away day?

Plenty of teams' fans have a better time when they have a big away game. Please don't take this the wrong way, but it was novel for your fans to have a trip to Warrington, playing in a game with a crowd three or four times your regular crowds, whereas it was a bog-standard home game against a lower division team with a lower crowd than normal for the home fans, so clearly the Warrington fans wouldn't be dancing around in pubs bladdered at midday.

don't be patronising dave

and I can't believe you've got yourself into childish 'our fans are the best so there' 'debate'f.

I've spent a lot of time with Warrington fans over the last few weeks, including Wembley, and had a great time. I think people have more or less nailed what the problems were last sunday, problems encountered with all clubs including warrington.

WELCOME TO THE ROYSTON VASEY SUPER LEAGUE 2015

Keeping it local

Jees Lowfield, you still banging on about this game, just because you lot turned up and had a good away day?

Plenty of teams' fans have a better time when they have a big away game. Please don't take this the wrong way, but it was novel for your fans to have a trip to Warrington, playing in a game with a crowd three or four times your regular crowds, whereas it was a bog-standard home game against a lower division team with a lower crowd than normal for the home fans, so clearly the Warrington fans wouldn't be dancing around in pubs bladdered at midday.

and I can't believe you've got yourself into childish 'our fans are the best so there' 'debate'.

I've spent a lot of time with Warrington fans over the last few weeks, including Wembley, and had a great time. I think people have more or less nailed what the problems were last sunday, problems encountered with all clubs including warrington.

Keeping it local

and I can't believe you've got yourself into childish 'our fans are the best so there' 'debate'f.

Steady on old lad - he's not being patronising!

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

and I can't believe you've got yourself into childish 'our fans are the best so there' 'debate'.

Apologies if it came across like that, certainly didn't mean it to, but the fact is that most people who go to home games, perhaps nip for a few beers at the very most and watch the match and go home. That's the way at every club, except perhaps some Friday and Saturday big games where people use it to start the night off.

I have no interest in who's fans are best, in my opinion there is no such thing as 'best fans', I simply challenged Lowfield's involvement in this thread, finding him bringing up a game from months back pretty strange. We have seen the youtube videos, many Fev fans treated that game like a big away day, there is no getting away from that fact, I'm glad they enjoyed themselves, I just found it strange that it was to be brought up on this thread, when there is no reason on earth why the Wire fans would be dancing around bladdered in the Hop Pole at midday! It just didn't make any sense.

You won't find me ever stating that Wire fans are better (or worse) than anyone else, as personally I class myself as a RL fan first and foremost, and have respect for anyone that supports our game.

Apologies if it came across like that, certainly didn't mean it to, but the fact is that most people who go to home games, perhaps nip for a few beers at the very most and watch the match and go home. That's the way at every club, except perhaps some Friday and Saturday big games where people use it to start the night off.

I have no interest in who's fans are best, in my opinion there is no such thing as 'best fans', I simply challenged Lowfield's involvement in this thread, finding him bringing up a game from months back pretty strange. We have seen the youtube videos, many Fev fans treated that game like a big away day, there is no getting away from that fact, I'm glad they enjoyed themselves, I just found it strange that it was to be brought up on this thread, when there is no reason on earth why the Wire fans would be dancing around bladdered in the Hop Pole at midday! It just didn't make any sense.

You won't find me ever stating that Wire fans are better (or worse) than anyone else, as personally I class myself as a RL fan first and foremost, and have respect for anyone that supports our game.

and one of the most honest people on the forum.

DaveT is a true gent, many on here (inc myself {sometimes}) can learn from his honest posts.

the OP is about trouble in the warrington end @ Wembley, not what happened in Warrington many months ago.

and one of the most honest people on the forum.

DaveT is a true gent, many on here (inc myself {sometimes}) can learn from his honest posts.

the OP is about trouble in the warrington end @ Wembley, not what happened in Warrington many months ago.

:blush: Thanks, but to be fair, I'd like to think that l'ange knows my style tbh, even if he did take offence to the post in question. I have no issue with Fev or their fans.

ok mate

Keeping it local

ok mate

Keeping it local

well yes

and the fev sid and doris bonkers tendency is the envy of neasden I suppose

:huh::huh::huh:

WTF????

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.