See England take on the best at the 2017 Rugby League World Cup

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Trojan

Tops seen at Wembley

22 posts in this topic

...I saw loads of Hull tops, a smattering of Hull KR, a few Bulls, Wigan, Saints and Salford - quite a few Giants, quite a few Cas. I didn't see any Crusaders or Harlequins, which given that it was played in London was a bit odd.

Non SL clubs - well me (although I was wearing blue and yellow to blend in :dry: ) Fev, Fev Lions, Cougars, and quite a few from 'Fax, plus one from Siddal - that's the lot from non SL.

No matter which final myself and my friends go to we have a "first to spot the Dewsbury shirt" comp. My dad won yesterday!

I'll add Batley to the list, sat in front of me.

Plus the others mentioned.

...I saw loads of Hull tops, a smattering of Hull KR, a few Bulls, Wigan, Saints and Salford - quite a few Giants, quite a few Cas. I didn't see any Crusaders or Harlequins, which given that it was played in London was a bit odd.

Non SL clubs - well me (although I was wearing blue and yellow to blend in :dry: ) Fev, Fev Lions, Cougars, and quite a few from 'Fax, plus one from Siddal - that's the lot from non SL.

You can rest well tonight knowing that there were at least half a dozen Quins shirts on show in Block 141

lower tier near the Press Box. Saw a couple wearing Crusaders shirts in Wembley Way afterwards.

Didnt think overall though there were as many neutrals as in previous years.

Edited by Spicer

You can rest well tonight knowing that there were at least half a dozen Quins shirts on show in Block 141

lower tier near the Press Box. Saw a couple wearing Crusaders shirts in Wembley Way afterwards.

Didnt think overall though there were as many neutrals as in previous years.

Main venue for viewing tops before venturing down Wembley Way was Wok & Roe Chippy, Haddock and Chips for a fiver, not bad I thought. However, that could explain the number of Codheads I saw

Main venue for viewing tops before venturing down Wembley Way was Wok & Roe Chippy, Haddock and Chips for a fiver, not bad I thought. However, that could explain the number of Codheads I saw

:lol: :lol:

On land or at sea, we're drawn to to the haddock like moths to a flame.

:lol: :lol:

On land or at sea, we're drawn to to the haddock like moths to a flame.

Which explains the cod'ed tag.... :unsure:

Which explains the cod'ed tag.... :unsure:

That one always puzzles us.

We don't like cod.

saw a dozen or so quins tops.. few old fulham shirts also.. from previous years there didnt seem to be anywhere near as many neutrals as id have thought.. saw a handful of wigan shirts, bradford, one or two cas shirts.. few KR.. also saw some Dewsbury, York, Fev, Fax and a couple of widnes shirts..

Loads of South Sydney tops about

Saw a bloke wearing a South Wales shirt with his daughter in a Nottingham Outlaws shirt on the train. Didn't see them at the ground but I can't think where else in London they'd have been heading in that kind of attire.

Bloke just along from me wearing what I think was an Oxford Univerity top- dark blue with yellow V. Can anyone enlighten me?

Edited by ArmchairRhino

That one always puzzles us.

We don't like cod.

No but you sold it to the rest of the country before the Cod War - with exception of the West Riding, where we wouldn't be paid to eat cod.

Loads of South Sydney tops about

Are you sure you don't mean Warrington "away" shirts mate?

I remember seeing a blue St Helens shirt on the TV. They showed a large section of supporters wearing reddy-brown jerseys with yellow & white 'V's on it in the build-up.

Catalan,Salford,Wigan,Dewsbury,Dewsbury Moor,St.Helens,Hull FC,Hull KR,Huddersfield,York,Barrow,Hunslet,Workington,Whitehaven,Quins,Leigh,Oldham,Lon

don Skolars.

Yeah a few.

Not one mention of Wakefield, kick them out of Super League!

I saw some Wakey ones and missed them out on my original post - sorry.

Apart from some of the most obvious ones saw some Whitehaven, Crusaders, Harlequins, Gateshead, Fryston, Birstall Victoria, 20+ cows, 6 doctors from Oldham and several wedding parties - 1 very very smart, the other worringly bizarre