Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Terry Mullaney

I take it they're in then

24 posts in this topic

This is actually on the Widnes website...

All 2011 season ticket holders will be eligible to renew their season ticket for the 2012 Super League season at the standard ticket price.

This offer represents outstanding value for money, as there are a guaranteed three more home league fixtures in a Super League season, a competition where season ticket and admission prices would typically involve a price increase.

http://www.widnesvikings.co.uk/page.php?id=742

What's going on?

Edited by Terry Mullaney

Of course they should be in and why shouldn't they know it?

The decisions next year are more about who is going out if anyone.

A 15 team SL isn't beyond the possible outcome. Highly unlikely but it is possible.

Of course they should be in and wouldn't they know it?

The decisions next year are more about who is going out if anyone.

A 15 team SL isn't beyond the possible outcome. Highly unlikely but it is possible.

I've absolutely no objection to Widnes being in SL. They deserve to be under the present system. But the RFL are supposed to be examining all prospective candidates fairly. There's a process to go through or so we're all led to believe.

I think its a badly worded press release that needed to have an "if" in there. It doesn't actually make sense for the RFL to make promises at this stage and I don't believe they have.

But we're absolutely being over scrutinised in certain circles. It's a ticket offer and a good idea at that.

I think its a badly worded press release that needed to have an "if" in there. It doesn't actually make sense for the RFL to make promises at this stage and I don't believe they have.

But we're absolutely being over scrutinised in certain circles. It's a ticket offer and a good idea at that.

You are Richard Lewis...........

No where for the 'if' to go. If your Chairman and money man wants to stuff it down our throats with his amazing business award winning financial turnaround from 2008 to 2009, and clearly deliberately worded statement on the official website, then he has to expect some back from jealous, green eyed, but ultimately people who can see the RFL for what they are.

You are Richard Lewis...........

No where for the 'if' to go. If your Chairman and money man wants to stuff it down our throats with his amazing business award winning financial turnaround from 2008 to 2009, and clearly deliberately worded statement on the official website, then he has to expect some back from jealous, green eyed, but ultimately people who can see the RFL for what they are.

No, I'm not.

I've already said elsewhere we should have put the word "if" in there, if only to placate people like you who love to sling mud at us for every percieved slight.

I've absolutely no objection to Widnes being in SL. They deserve to be under the present system. But the RFL are supposed to be examining all prospective candidates fairly. There's a process to go through or so we're all led to believe.

Terry

Well its better to know the truth now. At least you do not have to spend time and energy going through the SL application process next year

I think people are reading far too much into this and find it a bit odd that people are genuinely thinking that Widnes have released this in the knowledge that they are in SL 2012

I think people are reading far too much into this and find it a bit odd that people are genuinely thinking that Widnes have released this in the knowledge that they are in SL 2012

Its merely an attempt by the club to drum up season ticket purchases and nothing more than that.

This is actually on the Widnes website...

All 2011 season ticket holders will be eligible to renew their season ticket for the 2012 Super League season at the standard ticket price.

This offer represents outstanding value for money, as there are a guaranteed three more home league fixtures in a Super League season, a competition where season ticket and admission prices would typically involve a price increase.

http://www.widnesvikings.co.uk/page.php?id=742

What's going on?

What's going on?

A very, very, very minor case of counting chickens before they're hatched.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Its merely an attempt by the club to drum up season ticket purchases and nothing more than that.

If they already know for a fact they are in SL in 2012 then its positive marketing and I can see why Terry M is a little miffed.

If they don't know they will be in SL in 2012 then its Criminal deception.

Criminal deception eh?

Do you think that might be a bit of an exaggeration? Just a little bit?

If they already know for a fact they are in SL in 2012 then its positive marketing and I can see why Terry M is a little miffed.

Nick Leeson was criminal deception. The Iraq war was criminal deception. This is a ticket offer on a website that people are reading too much in to, because of their agendas.

IF they don't get into SL, then surely fans would have some right to seek recompense for broken promises in the seaon ticket deal. Badly worded at best, and potentially inflamatory under the current franchise system.

If you're a fan of Widnes it's a fantastic offer, even if they don't get in the ticket price for 2012 is frozen so you're not losing anything, if they do get in what a spectacular season ticket price!

Criminal deception eh?

Do you think that might be a bit of an exaggeration? Just a little bit?

Widnes are making claims in order to give people and incentive to buy which they know are untrue.

However if they already know they are in SL then its no offence.

Widnes are making claims in order to give people and incentive to buy which they know are untrue.

However if they already know they are in SL then its no offence.

:rolleyes:

Now you put it like that I think they should be thrown out of the league entirely.

Widnes have made s tatement now

Good on them for clearing it up and also on Terry for bringing it to folk's attention. Let'r hope it was indeed an honest mistake and there's no jiggery pokery stuff going on behind the scenes at Red Hall.

Good on them for clearing it up and also on Terry for bringing it to folk's attention. Let'r hope it was indeed an honest mistake and there's no jiggery pokery stuff going on behind the scenes at Red Hall.

Yeh that would be terrible with the last franchise being so open and honest. lol.

It was only a word that was missing. If people who I worked with got scrutinised this badly for gramatical errors no one would ever get anything done.

Feel free to scrutinise this for good/bad use of the English Language.

Cause I don't care.

Yeh that would be terrible with the last franchise being so open and honest. lol.

It was only a word that was missing. If people who I worked with got scrutinised this badly for gramatical errors no one would ever get anything done.

Cause I don't care.

It's because.

Cause I don't care.

It's also "grammatical".

Post removed, due to my inability to actually read the original press release!!

Edited by DiH68

and also on Terry for bringing it to folk's attention.

It was brought to folks attention last night at 19.09pm by someone known as Bomb Jack :rolleyes:

Did i get my own Club into trouble with the RFL ? :O