Harlequins RL v Warrington Wolves

ckn

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Harlequins
    • Warrington
    • Draw

Think we will sneak through in a high-scoring game, don't see us getting enough to get second. Not a big loss really, it's not like we gain much of a home advantage against St Helens.

Yep.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Quins 22 Wires 36 at the hooter.

Saints need to win by 8 or more then for home advantage in the play-offs.

3rd goal in the footy as I type.

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

saints to win by 9 then ;););)

Saints Fan from 47 through good and bad times

saints to win by 39 then ;););)

A bit nearer the outcome. ;)

Wires record breaking 10 match run: L 16-17 ; L 34-36 ; L 24-44 ; L 20-38 ; L 8-46; L 14-26 ; L 20-40 ; L 22-48 ; L 14-20 ; L 8-60. Thanks Jimmy.The Glamour Club. Apparently.

Captain Morgan Trophy Holders.(I still think we have the British Coal 9's trophy hidden somewhere, too...)

Ooooh, the Challenge Cup!!! Thank you Tony.....

And again!!!smith_morley_small.jpg

Tipping Competiton Challenged Shield Winner 2010

He did ok, came on after about 60 mins, took the ball up from acting half back a lot of times, didn't really have a chance in attack.

Lee Briers was one of the water carriers and was constanly encourging him, heard Lee had asked to come down with the team and was rooming with Rhys (though I do not know if that was a good or bad thing for Rhys) :O

Nightmare journey down to London by car due to a vehicle fire on the M6. Set off at 2-15pm for and 8pm kick off,and arrived at 7-30 without daring to stop even once at a service station for fear of losing even more time and not making it to the ground. Arrived home at 1-30am,totally shattered. I don't think the Warrington performance was worth the journey and the winning margin won't be enough to move saints from 2nd place,but a win is a win I suppose. If only we had not performed so poorly when playing Hull KR at Craven Park and not lost away from home to the team bottom of SL. :( Those 4 points lost have cost us the chance of finishing second,and maybe even first.

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

Nightmare journey down to London by car due to a vehicle fire on the M6. Set off at 2-15pm for and 8pm kick off,and arrived at 7-30 without daring to stop even once at a service station for fear of losing even more time and not making it to the ground. Arrived home at 1-30am,totally shattered. I don't think the Warrington performance was worth the journey and the winning margin won't be enough to move saints from 2nd place,but a win is a win I suppose. If only we had not performed so poorly when playing Hull KR at Craven Park and not lost away from home to the team bottom of SL. :( Those 4 points lost have cost us the chance of finishing second,and maybe even first.

Don't envy that journey mate!

With regards to th two results you mention, whilst disappointing, there will always be results like that through a season which are frustrating, yet the key is to make them less and less, and this year there have been fewer than most other years, which has to be a positive. Look at some of the games Wigan lost - Quins and Bradford, and Saints lost against Salford and Catalans.

Personally I think we blew the Saints, Leeds and Wigan games, which were in effect 4-pointers and we played quite well - these disappoint me more than games where we just had an off day, which happens.

Overall, we can't complain too much, we retained the cup and will likely finish 3rd in the table, and hopefully do somthing in the playoffs.

I know what you mean about those 4 points, but there is something else happening even now at Warrington. Even when they are playing below par, champion sides force the opposition to play out of their skins for the win. Saints still have that knack, even though some cracks have appeared this year, Leeds had it until this year and Wigan have definitely had it this year. Wire still leave me with the impression that there is a really flat performance coming just when they don't need it.

This is not meant as criticism, because I really do want to see a successful Wire and TS has transformed them into real challengers. It's more of a personal observation, that's all.

Oh, and well done for making that journey on a Friday night.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

Don't envy that journey mate!

With regards to th two results you mention, whilst disappointing, there will always be results like that through a season which are frustrating, yet the key is to make them less and less, and this year there have been fewer than most other years, which has to be a positive. Look at some of the games Wigan lost - Quins and Bradford, and Saints lost against Salford and Catalans.

Personally I think we blew the Saints, Leeds and Wigan games, which were in effect 4-pointers and we played quite well - these disappoint me more than games where we just had an off day, which happens.

Overall, we can't complain too much, we retained the cup and will likely finish 3rd in the table, and hopefully do somthing in the playoffs.

I'd suggest it's just the Saints games. You need to at least share the points, home and away, with your close rivals. It is so high time you beat Saints!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

I'd suggest it's just the Saints games. You need to at least share the points, home and away, with your close rivals. It is so high time you beat Saints!

That victory may well come next week,I have a funny feeling and am not even worried about that game,which is the same feeling I had before wembley. ;)

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

Great to read such an optimistic slant. You're right of course if you hadn't lost the games you did lose you would have been top and on the way to the Treble. Surely you could cut and paste a league table electronically, put in the corrected results and make yourself League Champions. You could put it up here as THE REAL LEAGUE TABLE!

Wire were flat because they are able to get up for a one off games, but not back it up every week. When your key men have a lot more time behind them than in front of them it's hard to life every week.

Next week's game at KR should be a really good one. With the oldsters given a week off they might be fresh enough to do something they have failed to do for years. Then again...

With the oldsters given a week off they might be fresh enough to do something they have failed to do for years. Then again...

Are you talking about Wigan winning the challenge cup here? :rolleyes:

A bit nearer the outcome. ;)

:D:D:D maybe, who knows

Saints Fan from 47 through good and bad times

Absolutely depressing evening, after the non-event about the "positive" news for the club. we had a demonstration of the uncompetitive nature of Super League with Warrington minus five first team reglars hardly breaking sweat in gaining a comfortable victory. Yes, Quins kept at it but nce their 12 point start had been overhauled there was only one winner to the extent that Mathers was berating his stand to maintain standards as Quins pulled a try back early in the second half.

Quins next year could be a league embarasment on the field struggling to win more than acouple of games :(

How well that promotes Rugby League in London or the game as a whole does not bear thinking about. :(

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both