Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
goldcard

Willie Mason signs for Superleague side.

57 posts in this topic

I am a Sydney Roosters fan. So I know what I am talking about. The first thing that strict disciplinarian coach Brian Smith demanded before he arrived at Bondi Junction was that the club get rid of Willy Mason.

If you really want to know what Willy Mason is like off the pitch, have a chat with the Roosters Brad Fittler, Mitchell Pearce or Nate Myles, or the former Canterbury Bulldogs team members who travelled to an ill fated weekend at Coffs Harbour a few years ago, before you start your ignorant abuse of others about Willy Mason.

Yet again hearsay, inuendo and unfounded allegations.

Perhaps you would like to give more specific details of what you know as fact that Mr Mason did at Coffs harbour? I am sure that one or two legal people would like to know.

I am a Sydney Roosters fan. So I know what I am talking about

All you've proven with the diatribe below is that you love good juicy gossip regardless.

The first thing that strict disciplinarian coach Brian Smith demanded before he arrived at Bondi Junction was that the club get rid of Willy Mason.

If you really want to know what Willy Mason is like off the pitch, have a chat with the Roosters Brad Fittler, Mitchell Pearce or Nate Myles, or the former Canterbury Bulldogs team members who travelled to an ill fated weekend at Coffs Harbour a few years ago, before you start your ignorant abuse of others about Willy Mason.

Yet again hearsay, inuendo and unfounded allegations.

Perhaps you would like to give more specific details of what you know as fact that Mr Mason did at Coffs harbour? I am sure that one or two legal people would like to know.

I am not talking about criminal acts (which were never pursued anyway by the local Coffs Harbour prosecutor), but the atmosphere of indiscipline with other players that seems to follow him around wherever he is. Not only Brian Smith, but the Sydney Roosters Board of Directors wanted Mason out after the drunken incidents involving other team members, such as Nate Myles naked and defecating in a hotel stairwell. At the end of last season, though he was still under contract for 2010, the club continued to pay Mason his huge salary and told him not to come to training and to find another club because he wasn't going to be picked to play for the Roosters any more.

He got a lifeline from the struggling Cowboys at the last minute.

30 is not the normal retirement age for a forward in the NRL, especially for one who has played for Australia. It seems that even the North Queensland Cowboys, bottom of the competition, after one season of Big Willy, didn't want him any more either.

Edited by ParisSurtout

But, ask someone with a remotely passive interest in RL if they remember "that big, intimidating Aussie who knocked out Fielden with one punch about four years ago" and it's a fair bet they will remember him

People will ask "who the f*** is Stuart Fielden?".

People will ask "who the f*** is Stuart Fielden?".

:lol:

The saddest thing about it is that apart from RL fans, that's exactly what most people would say.

post-7839-1283795295_thumb.png

Here's the class act at work.

He was caught and charged for doing this in 2008 and caught and fined for doing it in 2009.

It is conceivable that one night next year he is arrested for doing that on a sidestreet in Hull..... wait a minute, 2010 still has 4 months to go. :lol:

Edited by ParisSurtout