James childs and the keiron cunningham love in.

3owls

How wrong was it to see james childs embracing Keiron Cunningham.......very wrong if you ask me. If Childs gets the saints v wire game i'd be very worried as a warrington fan. Cunninghams been on the end of some very charitable decisions from referees throughout his career and this is a very worrying show of affection from a so called impartial referee.

Listen mate, if you are going to start a petty row at least get your facts right. Ben Thaler was the referree last night. Childs was VR. At the end of the game Thaler & KC shook hands (as normal) & Thaler patted KC on the shoulder. Haardly an embrace but as usual on here facts dont matter where cheapshots are concerned :rolleyes:

Listen mate, if you are going to start a petty row at least get your facts right. Ben Thaler was the referree last night. Childs was VR. At the end of the game Thaler & KC shook hands (as normal) & Thaler patted KC on the shoulder. Haardly an embrace but as usual on here facts dont matter where cheapshots are concerned :rolleyes:

If that version of events is correct then there is no issue.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I'll concede that I got my wording wrong and that you are always right! :D

I am not always right, I do as often as possible try to back up my argument, if others don't that is their problem. :P

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

My mistake.........referee was Thaler, apologies.

Your mistake..............Thaler put his arm around Cunningham (waits for reciprocal apology).

Way too cosy and not professional or impartial. I don't care how long cunningham has been playing the game it's a worrying trend amongst officials who are getting far too close to players and are letting players reputations and credentials affect their judgement and decision making. Thalers gone down in my estimation, what was wrong with a quick handshake rather than his fawning sickly behaviour?

Your mistake..............Thaler put his arm around Cunningham (waits for reciprocal apology).

Way too cosy and not professional or impartial. I don't care how long cunningham has been playing the game it's a worrying trend amongst officials who are getting far too close to players and are letting players reputations and credentials affect their judgement and decision making. Thalers gone down in my estimation, what was wrong with a quick handshake rather than his fawning sickly behaviour?

I saw McGuire get far too close to the Leeds' fans by jumping on the perimeter wall. Should be a no-go area. B)

I have watched it today & looked specifically for it after reading this thread & he pats him on the shoulder. there is no embrace at all

I have watched it today & looked specifically for it after reading this thread & he pats him on the shoulder. there is no embrace at all

I'm not into splitting hairs but he pats him three times on the back/shoulder after the handshake. A handshake yes, three pats on the back saintsbird, i'm not having that. Having just played a major part in possibly losing Castleford their place in superleague cunningham is given far too much attention from the official for my liking. I wonder if him and Ganson went out for a coca cola with Keiron after the game.

I wonder if him and Ganson went out for a coca cola with Keiron after the game.

There has been no reports of old ladies being beaten up in St.Helens last night so probably not.

There should be an invisible 2m around the officials that no player should cross unless by accident (eg running at full pelt, but even then they should be seen to make every effort to avoid collision, perhaps put their hands behind their backs or down their shorts so that they avoid any flailing arms). The 2m should be extended if any player has very long arms, legs or massive beer belly.

However, officials can cross the 2m themselves, but only to talk in a gruff voice. They must never smile, wink or have any normal conversation with any player or coach.

After they retire from officialdom, they may have 'normal' contact with ex players etc, but not with any current players or coaches

1 year after they retire, they can speak to anyone - but never bring the game into disrepute by discussing present officials - gossip or facts

After 2 years they can marry them if they like - then the 2m will naturally come back, along with the long silences, stern voices, and making every effort to avoid contact

Quality of the highest order, with this kind of apptitude you are bound for Red Hall as an exec with an RFL number plate.

And so the future begins...

How wrong was it to see james childs embracing Keiron Cunningham.......very wrong if you ask me. ......

Indeed, to see that would have been entirely incorrect.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

Can't belive you forgot yourself and thought he was wrong.

B) George, having co-authored three books on rugby league, the drugs case isn't something I'm likely to forget. I'm certainly not ready for the number seven bus just yet! :rolleyes:

It's simply how you interpret the outcome, given what evidence was produced. It was alleged/openly accused at the time by some that he had taken drugs underhanded with intent to gain an advantage. Cunningham refuted this.

Anyhow, that's it for me on this one. B)

Edited by Saint Billinge

No issue from me.

Even on TV, what happened at the end of that game was one of those unforgettable, goosebump, moments and I would imagine that for anyone actually there (even for a below average SL referee) it would have been impossible not to have 'got caught up in the moment'!

For actually having the moral fibre to reject the Union shilling, Cunningham is univerally respected in RL circles and surely deserves all the acclaim he gets!

I would also say that prior to his elbow injury at Blackburn in 2002, he was the greatest hooker I have seen outside of Prague!

Lets get it right,he only rejected the union shilling because he got it off the RFL along with radlinski not because he loved league better than union.He took the RFL money then never hardly played for great britain.Surely that deserves no acclaim at all.