22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Huddersfield Giants
    • Crusaders RL

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No arguement with the sin binning for Crusaders, but what about the attempted trip from Crabtree about 2 or 3 mins before that, surely that was worth the same treatment.

But Jack sparrow played well and the game drew quite a few crusader fans.

I don't think Leeds would worry to much about playing huddersfield from what they have seen, or Wire for that matter if Wigan lose tomorrow.

It's all about da bass

For the size of the town, stadium and success on the pitch, Huddersfield, worst support in SL

Yep. Lee, Steve May, Giantsrides are going to hate me saying this, but what have Huddersfield ever offered to Super League? Their crowds have increased in recent years, yes, but their support is still relatively poor. I can't remember it ever being great, though I'm sure it was at some point in the past.

They'll never be given the boot from Super League. They've been given plenty of opportunities to establish themselves at the expense of others, and they've built up their crowds just enough to be a shoe-in. On one level, fair play to them, but I'm sure plenty of other clubs could have done the same given the chances they've had and the sugar daddy support.

Good luck to them next week. Think I'll be cheering for their opponents though ;)

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

Exciting game Awful standard of RL. Why are SL players so dumb? Game intelligence or rather the lack of it is crippling British RL. By far the biggest cause for celebration was the tremendous away following from the Crusaders. Surely it is time for the people of Huddersfield to stand and be counted. So called birthplace of RL. Time they showed it mattered and that they care about RL.

Yep. Lee, Steve May, Giantsrides are going to hate me saying this, but what have Huddersfield ever offered to Super League? Their crowds have increased in recent years, yes, but their support is still relatively poor. I can't remember it ever being great, though I'm sure it was at some point in the past.

They'll never be given the boot from Super League. They've been given plenty of opportunities to establish themselves at the expense of others, and they've built up their crowds just enough to be a shoe-in. On one level, fair play to them, but I'm sure plenty of other clubs could have done the same given the chances they've had and the sugar daddy support.

Good luck to them next week. Think I'll be cheering for their opponents though ;)

Hasn't one of their directors just been given some high-paying job at Red Hall?

That'll keep 'em sweet no matter how few people turn out to watch them.

Not exactly, people leave jobs to take on other jobs, its a new idea, think it might take off

Yep. Lee, Steve May, Giantsrides are going to hate me saying this, but what have Huddersfield ever offered to Super League? Their crowds have increased in recent years, yes, but their support is still relatively poor.

Year on year improvement, kinda what the franchise system is about

No surprises here mate, you've been ###### since the merger, by your thinking, Quins, Cas, Wakey, Salford, Crusaders off top of my head should be chopped, all lower crowds than us and rarely make the play offs, bin em

As usual a game thread turns into whose go tthe most fans debate, yo ucouldnt make it up.

As for the game itself, good old arm wrestle, we played some dumb stuff at times and Cru's chanced there arm a bit, rather enjoyed it, got lucky at the end when the lad threw a poor offload out, but we had players in position to capitalise, seen better games, seen worse.

I'll sit down now and watch the derby game and surprisingly dont think i'll even watch the crowd, the pitch fare should be more interesting.

Nice to see it still pisses people off when we win a game, somethings will never change :D

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

I haven't felt this disappointed for a long, long time. Totally gutted and utterly depressed.

I'm off out for a pint...

Yn falch o fod yn gefnogwr y Croesgadwyr heddiw/Proud to be a Crusaders' supporter today.

That'll keep 'em sweet no matter how few people turn out to watch them.

Yep, Sheffield hate figure Ralph Rimmer.

And Lee, I generally couldn't care less about Huddersfield - their on-field improvement on the field in recent years has been impressive.

I still think you're VERY lucky to be in Super League though, and many others feel the same. Crusaders and Quins have excuses - i.e in expansion areas. Huddersfield have none: not enough people in the city/town care about RL.

Bristol Sonics Rugby League

2007 & 2008 West Midlands RLC Champions

2008 RLC Regional Grand Finalists

2008 RLC Team Of The Year

2011 RLC Midlands Premier Champions

www.bristolsonics.com

� Stupid Questions League Winner 2004 �

Good effort from Crusaders. Cut out many of the silly errors and poor choices that have cost them. Sadly came up with a couple at the wrong time which cost them. Also finished too many sets badly. Superb defensive effort when the Giants upped their game though. Disgraceful call from Ben Thaler that was absolutely critical in deciding the game. Giants were poor but did enough when it mattered, crowd was diabolical in terms of home support.

Edited by StevieM13

Not exactly, people leave jobs to take on other jobs, its a new idea, think it might take off

Year on year improvement, kinda what the franchise system is about

No surprises here mate, you've been ###### since the merger, by your thinking, Quins, Cas, Wakey, Salford, Crusaders off top of my head should be chopped, all lower crowds than us and rarely make the play offs, bin em

As usual a game thread turns into whose go tthe most fans debate, yo ucouldnt make it up.

As for the game itself, good old arm wrestle, we played some dumb stuff at times and Cru's chanced there arm a bit, rather enjoyed it, got lucky at the end when the lad threw a poor offload out, but we had players in position to capitalise, seen better games, seen worse.

I'll sit down now and watch the derby game and surprisingly dont think i'll even watch the crowd, the pitch fare should be more interesting.

Nice to see it still pisses people off when we win a game, somethings will never change :D

There are no franchises in rugby league. Crowds are the biggest single indicator of the success of a club. Not only on a match day. Maximising crowds is surely a basic aim of the business irrelevant of any outside requirements?

Crowds are the biggest single indicator of the success of a club.

Not results then?

Maximising crowds is surely a basic aim of the business irrelevant of any outside requirements?

Cant argue with that, half the league is screwed then

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Performances, not so much results IMO.

Performances dont win pots, always nice to have both but you gotta win ugly now and again

Great support from Cru fans, they did their team and RL proud. I wanted a Giants win but sorry it had to be Cru - soft spot for them and Jarrod Sammut - loved his charity donation " I always support breasts"

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

Great support from Cru fans, they did their team and RL proud. I wanted a Giants win but sorry it had to be Cru - soft spot for them and Jarrod Sammut - loved his charity donation " I always support breasts"

That would explain the "Tache" you've been growing all week

That would explain the "Tache" you've been growing all week

:O

I could say my bra has more support than the Giants....but that wouldn't be very nice :P

Whilst I do not suffer fools gladly, I will always gladly make fools suffer

A man is getting along on the road of wisdom when he realises that his opinion is just an opinion

:O

I could say my bra has more support than the Giants....but that wouldn't be very nice :P

Cos it would be factually incorrect, have you learnt nothing

Performances dont win pots, always nice to have both but you gotta win ugly now and again

Ugly wins don't draw crowds. Giants drawing just 5,000 home fans for a play off eliminator after finishing fifth suggests a complete lack of interest in the team and a lack of entertainment by the team.