Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wendall

RL Fans and the Play offs

62 posts in this topic

Is one to assume that there are very few seats, full stop?

Getting warm! :D "Very few" is a bit of an exaggeration. But there is a steep grass banking, lovely to sit when its warm and sunny. A cracking atmpsphere nevertheless.

And excellent bar and parking facilities and a full colour glossy 56 page match programme tomorrow. For public transport served by 16 (Leeds to Pudsey) and 508 (Leeds to Halifax), and reverse. Alight at Coal Hill Lane/Intake Lane junction.

The RFL need to bring the Challenge Cup Final / competition forward to earlier in the season at the present time the gap is simply not big enough time wise between the two competitions and whilst it makes the double more possible it prevents teams from having two opportunities time wise during the season to have their best team fully fit and firing.

SL? An 8 team play off in such a small league is a joke but equally the team that finishes first in the league are the TRUE and rightful league champions. The GF is nothing more than a marketing gimmick that in essence should still be called the Premiership. People praise the GF as an event and hold the attendance up but in the past we had far more events across a season and internationals held ay Wembley / Old Trafford with 50K crods to go with cup final events attendances. Now we concede defeat, market cack handedly and look for small venues to give the illusion of a crowd.

I haven't done that bit yet - I'm waiting until Eastenders finishes and then I'll just turn over!
EastEnders starts at 8pm opn a Friday. I watch it after the rugby on BBC3 at 10pm. :)

EastEnders starts at 8pm opn a Friday. I watch it after the rugby on BBC3 at 10pm. :)

:O forgot about that

not looking good in that case unless I can persuade my little lad to keep shouting "Mummy" between 8 and 10pm

It's all to do with season tickets, nothing else.

I guess that the ST holders would be happy for them to cost more in the first instance as a hedge against making the playoffs?

Would there be a rebate if they failed?

I know and I was there and couldn't see much apart from the back of someones head and a pole!

When Knowsley Rd is packed its a great atmosphere but a terrible view if your in that away end.

Ask your dad to sit you on his shoulders.

With Crusaders having sold out their first ticket allocation and asking for another AND with 4 coaches booked already, perhaps Huddersfield should have asked to have the fixture reversed :D

Agree. ;)

:O forgot about that

not looking good in that case unless I can persuade my little lad to keep shouting "Mummy" between 8 and 10pm

Sky+ and ignore the temptations of the interweb.

Truely remarkable.Only in rugby league,can someone criticise the poor attendances prior to the games actually taking place and some people then actually agree with him!!

The team at 5 live extra say it's a 17,500 sell out tonight at Saints.

Huge lack of interest there, then.

Around 4k Wire there, and they're pretty vocal.

The announcement said 14,600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definately a lot more there than last week which was just over 14,000.

until ten past eight :P:P:P

but what a 10 minutes...just need to work on the er other 70...we're not finished just yet. Good atmosphere despite the usual result.

Good atmosphere and a virtual sell out at Hull.No doubt Wendall will be back later with some other criticism of something that is yet to happen,whilst others will demand free entry for all games.

The announcement said 14,600!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Definately a lot more there than last week which was just over 14,000.

Sporting Life quotes 14,632, but the wireless was adamant it was sold out at over 17k.

Most odd.

Anyway, decent turnout for a nothing to lose game no matter how you look at it.

great crowd for a game when the losers dont go out of the series and who gets the gate money on play off games.

14.5K aint a a bad turnout for a game which wasn't do or die and the fact that it was played in bad weather which affected the walk up.

Wire's following was down on the last time we played too, partly due to the economic realities of going to Wembley a few weeks ago I think.

titans got just over 27,000

around 30,000 for the tigers / roosters

That must be a near capacity crowd?

Sporting Life quotes 14,632, but the wireless was adamant it was sold out at over 17k.

Most odd.

Anyway, decent turnout for a nothing to lose game no matter how you look at it.

Not odd if you remember that all gate receipts are pooled to share between the clubs aren't they?

So it would make sense froma selfish point of view if the clubs said there was a few less than actual and pocketed the difference. Looked like Leeds did this last year, ground looked packed yet they said there was 11,000 odd IIRC.

Maybe I'm just being too cynical.

Not odd if you remember that all gate receipts are pooled to share between the clubs aren't they?

So it would make sense froma selfish point of view if the clubs said there was a few less than actual and pocketed the difference. Looked like Leeds did this last year, ground looked packed yet they said there was 11,000 odd IIRC.

And maybe libellous, too. Although it may as well be a class action, because I think most people would agree with you.

And maybe libellous, too. Although it may as well be a class action, because I think most people would agree with you.

Hence the "looked like".. ;)

There were empty seats in the grandstand for a start. 14,5 a good crowd nonetheless