GRAND FINAL

oldrover

ok, so we've ticked a box, but thats not what it's about. stuff their boxes because they don't count for anything. what we have to do now is go out and win this thing. all i want now is a great day at warrington and to see Stu Dickens lifting that trophy. How good would it be for Stu if he were to end this season with player of the year and winning the grand final after the heartbreak of losing his mum. How good would it be for this club, why the rrfl don't think we are deserving of superleague i can't fathom. when i look around at such as c*s and wakey and see what we have to offer compared to them. i think the people running this club are as good as any in the game today, lets hope they don't get tired of banging their head against a brick wall. so come on Rovers, lets go to warrington and show the rugby league world that we are back and we mean business.

joe mullaney is a god

the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

oldrover.gif

Indeed oldrover well said, the way the club has turned round in the past few years is nothing more than amazing it, warms the heart. I lost my dad a few month before Stu lost his mum and get quite emotional to think how proud they would have been to see the team doing so well, I am well made up for Stu he has given everything to Rovers and now at last is getting his rewards.

Lets just enjoy the day on the 26th they are few and far between as we know.

Indeed oldrover well said, the way the club has turned round in the past few years is nothing more than amazing it, warms the heart. I lost my dad a few month before Stu lost his mum and get quite emotional to think how proud they would have been to see the team doing so well, I am well made up for Stu he has given everything to Rovers and now at last is getting his rewards.

Lets just enjoy the day on the 26th they are few and far between as we know.

Lets hope this part of the statement is proved wrong and we are just at the beginning of a great future for the club with many more 'big days' to come.

Onwards and upwards B)

The weak conform, the strong survive.

Box ticking's not going to help you this time round.

I have to disagree. Applying for a Franchise, in my eyes, is about stating an intent. Its about progression. We applied last time and had feedback from the RFL about what we needed to do and improve to work towards future acceptance. This time around is exactly the same, it's about showing the RFL how far we have progressed and again get feedback on what else we need to do. Just because the Club accepts that it is not ready for Super League at the present does not mean it should not apply. In the long term it will help the Club.

Like the Franchise system or not (and I am a supporter of Promotion & Relegation), it is the system that is in place at the moment so Clubs have to work with it. Thats the only way to progress. I can guarantee you the BOD at Rovers don't just sit there and moan about the Franchise system, they do what they need to do to work with it, hence the progression that the Club has made over the last couple of years. Any Club that don't work with it are not going to get anywhere. For me you have to aim for the highest level otherwise there is no point.

Edited by HammerHead

Box ticking's not going to help you this time round.

2 sides of the arguement here.

1.) Ticking the box isn't important, it's silverware we want, boxes come along with trophies.

2.) Ticking the box will help us, we can apply, so they can send a panel over and see what were doing right and where we need to improve, so its a major help.

Cummins Out.