Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wendall

According to GMR, Wigan can't play at home next week

25 posts in this topic

GMR has reported that Wigan won't be able to play their play off game at home at the DW Stadium becuase of the 48 hr rule because the Latics are at home on Sunday?

Will they move it to Wignes?

GMR has reported that Wigan won't be able to play their play off game at home at the DW Stadium becuase of the 48 hr rule because the Latics are at home on Sunday?

You obviously didnt listen to it all cos later on John Ledger (RFL) came on & said they can play but on the friday night only as its marginal to the 48hr agreement

Do you rip all your threads from Rlfans or does this one have a different punchline?

Where is Wignes?

Genuine Question for Admin:

Why is Wendall constantly permitted to post false,misleading and inaccurate threads? He,apparently deliberately,does great damage to this site.

I thought Wigan had lost home advantage?

Presuming this is a genuine query, That's the following week (if they progress that far). Home advantage is determined by end of season table position in weeks 1 and 2. It's week 3 where it is determined by performance in week 1

Presuming this is a genuine query, That's the following week (if they progress that far). Home advantage is determined by end of season table position in weeks 1 and 2. It's week 3 where it is determined by performance in week 1

Ah yes thanks - it was a genuine question

You obviously didnt listen to it all cos later on John Ledger (RFL) came on & said they can play but on the friday night only as its marginal to the 48hr agreement

I'm puzzled about why Wigan's contractual agreement to play at the DW (I'm assuming they have one and that it's a legally binding document) has anything to do with the wendyball team? Obviously, there has to be compromise about usage, but if there is no other match on any given day, then why should any premier division regulations have anything to do with the Warriors? Surely that is just a problem for the soccer team and the people running its league?

I'm puzzled about why Wigan's contractual agreement to play at the DW (I'm assuming they have one and that it's a legally binding document) has anything to do with the wendyball team? Obviously, there has to be compromise about usage, but if there is no other match on any given day, then why should any premier division regulations have anything to do with the Warriors? Surely that is just a problem for the soccer team and the people running its league?

Presumably it runs both ways, depending on who has their fixtures published first

Presumably it runs both ways, depending on who has their fixtures published first

Yeah, I'd expect it to be something like that, but this story (if true :rolleyes: ) doesn't seem to involve a clash as the rugby game is the day before.

I wonder why Latics couldn't move their match to the Monday, a ground share is just that, not one sports dominance over another (Oh, there I go again, reporting from la-la land, I forgot, the great god football is the immovable mountain, when will the HMRC finally close a Football club for unpaid taxes, and show the FA they are not bigger than the law)

And if Latics are drawn at ome in a 4th round FA cup tie, they will have to find some way round the 48 hour rule if Warriors have a league game scheduled that weekend? Maybe play it at the Reebok? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, (Nurse, the tablets)

And if Latics are drawn at ome in a 4th round FA cup tie, they will have to find some way round the 48 hour rule if Warriors have a league game scheduled that weekend? Maybe play it at the Reebok? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha, (Nurse, the tablets)

I wonder why Latics couldn't move their match to the Monday, a ground share is just that, not one sports dominance over another (Oh, there I go again, reporting from la-la land, I forgot, the great god football is the immovable mountain, when will the HMRC finally close a Football club for unpaid taxes, and show the FA they are not bigger than the law)

I think you'll find Latics are beholdent to the Premier League who pay there 45 odd million per club a season and pretty much insist on getting there own way all of the time.

Was down at the ground earlier, expect all the usual suspect to be out in force after this weekends games, the dougie is swollen to say the least so the drainage will be kippered and its tipping it down.

Genuine Question for Admin:

Why is Wendall constantly permitted to post false,misleading and inaccurate threads? He,apparently deliberately,does great damage to this site.

Because I am the voice of reason! :D This was reported in the Wigan Evening Post.

Meanwhile, officials were privately fuming with BBC Manchester for claiming that Wigan would not be able to play Friday

Because I am the voice of reason! :D This was reported in the Wigan Evening Post.

Meanwhile, officials were privately fuming with BBC Manchester for claiming that Wigan would not be able to play Friday

Guess someone owes you an apology :lol::D

True right! :rolleyes: I don't expect to get one off them Wiganer's who must be fuming at being falsely told they were off to Widnes again! :rolleyes:

True right! :rolleyes: I don't expect to get one off them Wiganer's who must be fuming at being falsely told they were off to Widnes again! :rolleyes:

LMFAO..... this is one problem you have, when you don't OWN your own Home ;):P

LMFAO..... this is one problem you have, when you don't OWN your own Home ;):P

Aye it will always be the case with Wigan until Latics get relegated, the Warriors will always be 2nd class citizens in their own town.

Aye it will always be the case with Wigan until Latics get relegated, the Warriors will always be 2nd class citizens in their own town.

even when latics get relegated, Pies will still be 2nd class citizens :O:rolleyes:

the ground is not theirs :lol: