Chris Bridge pulls out of 4 Nations for family reasons

Wendall

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ellis played half of his last season @ leeds at center.....pretty damn destructive iirc....not that i'd move ellis to the england centre position,he's the best 2nd rower in the world and needs to play there...but someone like joel tomkins who at the moment is'nt going to get a look in @ 2nd row for england at the moment,but is big enough,mobile enough,defensively strong enough to play in the centers....we have to consider it imo..

he attacks and defends on that rightside next to the center anyway...not much of a difference moving him one man outside..

my backline

1. gareth widdop

2. tom briscoe

3. michael shenton/ryan atkins

4. joel tomkins

5. ryan hall

6. sam tomkins

7. kyle eastmond

i really like the look of that

How many first grade games has Widdop played this year?

Is he better with a handful of games in the NRL than all of the SL Fullbacks?

Is Eastmond healthy?

Edited by AndyCapp

widdops played 2.....he'd only played 1 first grade game when he made his fantastic debut for england and yes he's already better that all the english fullbacks in ESL...

is eastmond healthy....i hope so..

and does anyone care to tell me where 2nd rower lee gilmour played for huddersfield last night??

OLDHAM RLFC

the 8TH most successful team in british RL

Good point. For some reason Happy has played less international football than his talent merited. I still wouldn't pick Joel though in the centres. Bridge and Gleeson would be ideal (another good performance from Gleeson on Friday), failing that Gleeson and Atkins - Atkins' unpredictability could unsettle the Aussies.

Good point. For some reason Happy has played less international football than his talent merited. I still wouldn't pick Joel though in the centres. Bridge and Gleeson would be ideal (another good performance from Gleeson on Friday), failing that Gleeson and Atkins - Atkins' unpredictability could unsettle the Aussies.

Isn't his unavailabilty what this thread's about EW? :huh: Or have I missed summat?

Completely agree with your assessment of Atkins, he's a terrific player but does have the headless chicken thing about him. I'd still pick him though. Probably alongside Gleeson due to lack of anyone else.

The way we're all scratting around searching for the right options including picking forwards out of position has a depressingly familiar ring to it. Nobody's an obvious choice and that's very worrying.

Although it's a chance to see the best of the Aussies and Kiwis, deep down I'm dreading the tournament. :(

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

we'll beat the kiwis and PNG and make the final....stop flapping ;)

Thanks, I feel much more confident now. :D

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)