Why are Referee's running the Line?

Point of order. We have Touch Judges in Rugby League not linesmen. ;)

/pedant mode on/

I'm pretty sure that's a point of information, not a point of order. On the plus side, it's a good point well made and you didn't need to be wearing a hat to make it.

/pedant mode off/

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

Most refs do both - some progress further up the TJ pathway than others,some reach grade 1 in both like James Child, Rob Hicks and Warren Turley. The TJs who you don't recognise as refs are probably still reffing in BARLA games (like Tony Martin, the TJ who likes to get in the middle of fights to break them up!)

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

James Child is an International TJ and has only just started reffing in the SL this year. Hicks is the same. He has only had a few SL games this year but is predominantly a TJ at SL level and refs at Championship level. Tim Roby is another TJ in the SL who is a Championship ref and will probably get a SL game in the next couple of seasons. Its pretty much how it works if you are willing to do it that way.

rsz_1rsz_1rsz_2bulldogsbanner.png

Why do we need Refs running the line, are our current Linesmen not good enough?

Mr Hicks and Mr Child are on the line with Bentham in the middle on Sat.

HW

Strange you should pick out James Child. Just how utterly shocking were his decision not to question the Hicks try from the Briers kick and thrown forward Anderson pass to Hicks for his second. Waste of space.

How Bentham and the video ref missed Gilmour on King is amazing. Mason also hit Mathers high with a left and right in the same tackle that went unseen.

How Bentham and the video ref missed Gilmour on King is amazing.

Im guessing its cos it was Griffin

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

Im guessing its cos it was Griffin

I was referring to Gilmour when he failed to make any attempt to go for the ball and for making contact with a player off the ground as King leapt for the Briers cross kick and was then adjudged by the VR to have knocked on. It should have been a penalty to Warrington.