Papua New Guinea coachless after Adrian Lam quits

Daily Telegraph Australia

Sydney Morning Herald

After the progress they had made in the Pacific Cup, this is a big blow to PNG. I thought he was a great coach, but even if they were to replace him with someone better I doubt the results could be achieved because obviously this coach would only have four weeks preparation before they face The Kangaroos in Sydney.

Why do you think he left though - it sounds to me like he's using St George Illawarra to cover up the feuds.

PNG could have got third place in this years tournament. England did poorly last year on home soil, and awful in Australia in 2008. Remember the game in Townsville finished 32

Expect Stanley Gene to take the post...................

Don't be daft.

For a start, how many international coaches are still in their teens.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Odd decision to leave it so late in the day, with the first game against the AusPM'sXIII side a few weeks away. I wouldn't be surprised if one of the Sydney papers has an interview with him soon spilling the beans, so to speak. Concentrating on St George in the play-offs is a bit of a lame excuse.

Expect Stanley Gene to take the post...................

Already has

Check out upcoming international fixtures and highlights of past matches at http://rlfixtures.weebly.com

St Albans Centurions International Liaison Officer and former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, København Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

Does Stanley have any coaching experience at any level?

If not then this suggests that the administration of rugby league in PNG is uttterly crazy. Coaching is a skill that requires apprenticeship. Adrian Lam had his apprenticeship as an assistant coach in the NRL.

There are plenty of other experienced candidates. Wayne Bennett's brother was the coach for a time in the past.

I hope that this appointment doesn't ruin the PNG performance, which it may well do.

Le rugby a treize, c'est moi!

_____

Does Stanley have any coaching experience at any level?

If not then this suggests that the administration of rugby league in PNG is uttterly crazy. Coaching is a skill that requires apprenticeship. Adrian Lam had his apprenticeship as an assistant coach in the NRL.

There are plenty of other experienced candidates. Wayne Bennett's brother was the coach for a time in the past.

I hope that this appointment doesn't ruin the PNG performance, which it may well do.

Been coached by top coaches over the years and years and years and years.

No chance of ruining their chances, PNG love him and the biggest name from PNG

Been coached by top coaches over the years and years and years and years.

No chance of ruining their chances, PNG love him and the biggest name from PNG

Plenty of players have been under good Coaches but made ###### Coaches themselves.

Its a totally different skill with different aspects, same as plenty of average players have made good Coaches.

Whether PNG love him or if he is the biggest name from PNG as you say will have little bearing on his Coaching ability.

Plenty of players have been under good Coaches but made ###### Coaches themselves.

Its a totally different skill with different aspects, same as plenty of average players have made good Coaches.

Whether PNG love him or if he is the biggest name from PNG as you say will have little bearing on his Coaching ability.

Time will tell

Biggest problem PNG is the lack of resources and structure they have as a Rugby Playing nation.

Gene is in a lose no situation, no one expects them to beat the BIG 3, getting close will be classed as an acheivement.

Time will tell

Biggest problem PNG is the lack of resources and structure they have as a Rugby Playing nation.

Gene is in a lose no situation, no one expects them to beat the BIG 3, getting close will be classed as an acheivement.

At this late stage, man-management and inspiration will be pretty much all Stanley could (and probably will) deliver. Hopefully, he will have assistants around him that can fill in the technical coaching bits.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson