Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
carlos

Maurice Lindsay article

86 posts in this topic

So what? Churchill was kicked out by the post war electorate, just as the forum's fave party, Labour, has been. Does not mean to say they were never any good in the first place.

Well Churchill was good - no GREAT - whereas I dont concur with some `Forumites favourite` political Party that they were ever good - except on spending other peoples money.

You are confusing Mo with Jack Robinson, Robinson was the problem at Wigan, Mo had been long gone. I am sick of posting the realities of why the Nat West Bank wouldn't deal with Jack the lad.

Was it something to his Antique business padge?

How come everything you put forward Alan Marsden is fact and yet whatever I have said is subjective conjecture? Stick to subjects that you may know something about and don't try to be the knowall that you come across as.

Walsh was never chased from Town he left of is own accord and went to Hull. He is still a very good friend of Town and came over this year for a re-union with old mates at the club. He also keeps an eye out for any budding players down under for us, so stick to what you think you know about and you may be respected otherwise your talking a load of b******s..

it seems fans of clubs hurt by SL are blaming lindsay for everything

Rupert Murdoch offered 80 million ish pounds for a game that was bankrupt.

not just small clubs like keighley but big clubs too had shot finances

what was lindsay supposed to do, say no, we wont accept the 80 million unless you allow keighley into SL.

on balance what he did was do lots of very good things for RL.

frankly without the whole SL thing your game really would be dead.

RE Workington. READ and UNDERSTOOD proof is objective evidence that you can support. What you and Keith are putting forward is pure subjective conjecture. Cumbrian Clubs have for a long time been mismanaged. Maurice Lindsay did not panic and boot Peter Walsh or is that another Lindsay conspiracy theory? As I said previously NO Lindsay and yet the RFL / the member clubs continued and still do to look after themselves and shaft anybody else including Cumbrian clubs. The RL family has never really existed.

Booted Walsh? When did that happen, I must have slept through that as I thought he had went to Hull with our blessing. Oh well, i`m sure you know much more about the club I have followed since I was about 6 what with you being super clever and everything.

So what? Churchill was kicked out by the post war electorate, just as the forum's fave party, Labour, has been. Does not mean to say they were never any good in the first place.

Funnily enough however you regard Churchill, one thing about him as PM is seldom pointed out. He never won the popular vote at a General Election. He was appointed in 1940, he lost in 1945, he lost again in 1950 and it was only due to the vagaries of the electoral system that he became PM again in 1951, his party polling considerably less votes than Labour.

The man who could probably throw some light on Maurice is saying nothing. Harry Gration left a good job at the Beeb to become PR Director at the RFL under Maurice - he lasted about 6 months IIRC. I reckon Harry's memoirs of those months would be worth reading. I'll not repeat my opinion of Lindsay again, I've posted it on here often enough.

I am not a massive fan of Lindsay and understand why supporters of some clubs really don't like him, however, in the context of world events the bile that gets spouted about him from time to time is way over the top.

For all his faults, the man does get us publicity at a national level many others fail to and sings the praises of our sport at every opportunity, for that, I think we owe him some gratitude.

Was it something to his Antique business padge?

More to do with his antics that landed him on court.

I am not a massive fan of Lindsay and understand why supporters of some clubs really don't like him, however, in the context of world events the bile that gets spouted about him from time to time is way over the top.

For all his faults, the man does get us publicity at a national level many others fail to and sings the praises of our sport at every opportunity, for that, I think we owe him some gratitude.

Mo even use to make it in the London editions of the Nationals. whatever his fauts and he had them he was a great PR man for our game. as regards running the game give me Richard Lewis all the time.

Mo even use to make it in the London editions of the Nationals. whatever his fauts and he had them he was a great PR man for our game. as regards running the game give me Richard Lewis Bill Fallowfield :lol: all the time.