Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bomb Jack

Widnes Vikings

30 posts in this topic

Maximus IMO and I know some Widnes fans think the same that having ticked the box for playing standards the commitment and desire throughout 2010 has been lacking and was certainly less than would have been had Widnes still been striving to tick that box. Widnes this season remind me of numerous team when we had the double season switching from Winter to Summer RL. Motivation has simply been badly lacking. Fans might say ah but Paul Cullen was missing but in many respects the unfortunate circumstances surrounding Paul Cullen should have galvanised the team.

Maximus IMO and I know some Widnes fans think the same that having ticked the box for playing standards the commitment and desire throughout 2010 has been lacking and was certainly less than would have been had Widnes still been striving to tick that box. Widnes this season remind me of numerous team when we had the double season switching from Winter to Summer RL. Motivation has simply been badly lacking. Fans might say ah but Paul Cullen was missing but in many respects the unfortunate circumstances surrounding Paul Cullen should have galvanised the team.

I don't get your problem. Widnes didn't need to win the league this year, so they were merely 'competitive'. They weren't far off, anyway! I expect them to go out (of the Championship) with a bang next year, while building for SL. Featherstone have a long-term strategy, which they are pursuing well. It's even possible that they might be offered a place in SL next July (okay, unlikely; but possible) and are making sure they tick every box possible. A nice plan of an upgraded stadium might be the only thing they lack. ;)

Widnes Vikings were named as Club of the Year at the annual Co-operative Celebration Dinner in Manchester last night (21 Sept).

Even suprised me this one. Obviously they don't just take on-field performances into account.

a prelude to the franchise decision.

Widnes in and Wakey out in 2012. Its nailed on. Everybody knows that's the case.

The RFL should announce it now, so the Vikings have a good 12 months to prepare properly so they are competitive in their first season back in SL in 2012.