Second favourite - Other clubs you like...

Started watching Oldham in 86, first match was Oldham v Australia. When I could drive I started watching Leeds a bit too as there was an Oldham connection with Harris, McDermott and Sinfield who I went to school with. Like many i have a soft spot for the expansion clubs. As a child I spent a year living in Penrith so i like them from the NRL.

"surely they've got to try somthing different now, maybe the little chip over the top?2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/stufod/

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stuarts-photography/156268557729980

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fax first. Then Catalans,South Wales,London Skolars and Gateshead.Its tough trying to promote not just a club but Rugby League to an area with no history of the sport being around. Catalans so that hopefully one fay France can beat England and the game can grow a lot bigger there.

Melbourne Storm for various reason as well as the 3 Queensland teams.

Bradford Northern/Bulls since 1964 - but the McNamara era has crushed my passion now.

Since then - I have mellowed my views toward some clubs I used to dislike intensely (based on either obnoxious fans in my vicinity or similar players or coaches....)

I too like to see the "expansion" clubs do well - Catalan, Crusaders & London and this thread is interesting that it has pulled out a few like minded thinkers into saying so..

I admire Wigan for their planning and marketing.

Glad to see Warrington increase their gates

Pleased for Salford with their new ground and cash to spend.

Soft spot for Wakefield due to spending time in the past with Neil Fox - who - for all his achievments, is an absolutley fantastic person with no edge - a true gent and epitomises our sport. Also have great memories of Ian Brook & Berwyn Jones.

Batley Bulldogs and Sheffield in the lower divisions

Paramatta in Aus (Brian Smith connection)

Favourite - Huddersfield

2nd - Leeds

Other Notables - Back in the day, Wolverhampton Wizards/Warlords, up here Emley and Newsome

Australian - Eels, me mum lived in Parramatta for a while

A lot of Yorkshiremen believe that when God created the world, he made it with perfect balance.

He balanced the hot areas with the cold areas. the dry areas with the wet areas.

And, in creating Yorkshire, he created the most glorious place on earth - full of majestic beauty and sporting giants.........and for balance he created....... Lancashire.

1st Huddersfield

After that, London Skolars - was a regular at Mini Odsal for a long time until we moved back to Yorkshire. I also like to see Cas, Swinton, Hunslet and Batley go well.

In Aussie - it has to be Souths. Followed by St George.

Internationally I always cheer for France, even when they play GB/England.

English, Irish, Brit, Yorkshire, European.  Citizen of the People's Republic of Yorkshire, the Republic of Ireland, the United Kingdom and the European Union.  Critical of all it.  Proud of all it.    

Fev, because for such a small place they have punched above their weight.

Not because your traditional shirts and ours used to look the same on b&w tv? ;)

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Fav: Hull Kingston Rovers

Other clubs: Hmmmmm. difficult, as it appears to change from time to time. When we were in the lower leagues, I used to watch SL on tv and mostly wanted the Bulls to win. Now being in amongst the big boys, I look at the teams we left behind and have huge respect for Batley in particular.

Oh, and I love whoever Hull happen to be playing on any given week! :lol:

I've always had a soft spot for Bradford.

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

Those were the days EH ! Black and white telly , and everone covered in mud :huh:

"At Watersheddin's it used t'be good

To watch 'em feight for t'ball in t'mud

But now the game has changed tha sees

They can't play dirty on TV!

Eddie Warin' is a bum

Eddie Watin' is a bum

Ey aye addy Eddie Warin' is a bum!"

Oldham Tinkers

“Few thought him even a starter.There were many who thought themselves smarter. But he ended PM, CH and OM. An Earl and a Knight of the Garter.”

Clement Attlee.

Barrow are my first team so Second Favourites would be...

SL: I'm an expansionist so Quins, Crusaders and Catalans

Championship: Skolars, Scorpions, Thunder

Australia: Warriors

Amateur: Ex Kingston Warrior so it must be Elmbridge! Also again any expansion teams so always had a soft spot for Peterlee for trying to make the step up to the BARLA leagues

Saints been going since I was a young lad. The whole family are massive fans.

No 2 Used to be Chorley, I used to go when I could as the wife (being from Chorley) supported them. Since they moved to Blackpool haven't been.

Don't really have a second club now, but if theres a game on I'll be watching.

logo_eyewear_bobster.gif

1st Wigan (been following them since the season they dragged themselves back out of the 2nd division)

2nd Crusaders (always a soft spot for the land of my (great grand) fathers. :D

Used to follow Huyton back in the day, as they had a couple of lads play for them that I played alongside at my first club. Also they were the 'local' team.

Forgot my Amateur choice, and that would have to be Pilkington Recs, seeing as how I used to play for them.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

After Hull FC it's anybody playing Hull KR My intense dislike for them mellowed slightly while they were in the national leagues but seeing as Hudgell has cranked up the acrimony between the two clubs it's stronger than ever. In fact, if Rovers were playing an team of Martians and representing the Earth to repel Alien domination of our planet, I'd still find it difficult not to cheer for the little green men.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

Saints been going since I was a young lad. The whole family are massive fans.

No 2 Used to be Chorley, I used to go when I could as the wife (being from Chorley) supported them. Since they moved to Blackpool haven't been.

Don't really have a second club now, but if theres a game on I'll be watching.

I to used to have a soft spot for Chorley as I used to live there when I was younger and all my family on my dads side are from there.

Used to go to Victory Park and cheer them on when Graham West was coaching. I found that at times you could get more enjoyment from watching a game there than super league. Not sure why though.

I also played against their reserve side once (and still have a nice scar on my chin to prove it :unsure:).

Edited by Griff9of13

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

My team: Warrington

2nd: Cas. The only reason I can think of is their ethos of playing attacking rugby, regardless. Added to that, their ability to produce players despite it's small population.

Australia: Brisbane. I remember getting hold of some videos of SOO and seeing Wally Lewis, with what appeared to be around four players tackling him walk towards the line and somehow, work his arm free and plonk the ball down whilst being upright. Wow! I temporarily transeferred to Gold Coast with Wally, especially so when he returned to paly a game in a helicopter landing on the pitch. I just thought 'what a cool b@sta@rd'

#1 - The mighty Chemics

#2 - Always had a soft spot for Saints, admire the brand of rugby they play (and their dominance over Wire is the only thing keeping me sane during Warrington's recent resurgence!)

Aus - Broncos or Tigers, love watching halves with genuine flashes of genius (Lockyer and Benji)

Amateur - Burtonwood Bulldogs (which explains the name) where I coach a junior team. I get as much enjoyment out of the 'dogs as all of the above combined.

1) Leeds Rhinos (for 30 years and more so well aware that this is a golden period that might not come around again for a while!)

2) Harlequins (because I'm a believer! The sport needs them to work)

3) NRL- Parramatta (first saw them in the 80s with Grothe, Kenny, Sterling, Price etc, best club team ever) and Queensland in SOO.

4) Amateur - Oulton Raiders (ex-player)

5) Any Yorkshire side playing anyone from the wrong side of the Pennines

This Machine Kills Fascists....

Hasta siempre!

After Hull FC it's anybody playing Hull KR My intense dislike for them mellowed slightly while they were in the national leagues but seeing as Hudgell has cranked up the acrimony between the two clubs it's stronger than ever. In fact, if Rovers were playing an team of Martians and representing the Earth to repel Alien domination of our planet, I'd still find it difficult not to cheer for the little green men.

September 11th must have hurt you more than most! :D

Hudgell cranked up the acrimony by daring to get us back into the top flight. You need to learn to share.

I to used to have a soft spot for Chorley as I used to live there when I was younger and all my family on my dads side are from there.

Used to go to Victory Park and cheer them on when Graham West was coaching. I found that at times you could get more enjoyment from watching a game there than super league. Not sure why though.

I also played against their reserve side once (and still have a nice scar on my chin to prove it :unsure:).

I enjoyed the games a Victory Park, used to have a bit of banter with opposition supporters. I remember arguing the toss with some Dewsbury fans, who reckoned I couldn't comment on Rugby as I supported ST Helens in Super League and therefore new ###### all about proper Rugby.

The last match at home to York was quite emotional, Chorley winning it with a last minute drop goal.

logo_eyewear_bobster.gif