Second favourite - Other clubs you like...

September 11th must have hurt you more than most! :D

Bloody Hell! I thought it had been decided that Osama Bin Laden was responsible. Hudgell's got more to answer for than I thought.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest El Senorito

Number 1 Rochdale Hornets. My home town team who I first saw play almost 65 years ago. Been through all the lows and suffered long and hard. Now, the only way is up, so there will be more to cheer next season.

2. Wigan my favourite SL club by a mile.

3. Catalans Dragons

4. Crusaders

5. Quins RL

6. Lezignan (lovely little ground, well supported by friendly people)

7. Any Lancashire club (even Oldham) playing any Yorkshire club

8. Bottom, after recent events, Leeds

Guest El Senorito

Number 1 Rochdale Hornets. My home town team who I first saw play almost 65 years ago. Been through all the lows and suffered long and hard. Now, the only way is up, so there will be more to cheer next season.

2. Wigan my favourite SL club by a mile.

3. Catalans Dragons

4. Crusaders

5. Quins RL

6. Lezignan (lovely little ground, well supported by friendly people)

7. Any Lancashire club (even Oldham) playing any Yorkshire club

8. Bottom, after recent events, Leeds

For the last few years it's been Catalans or Quins, but now Crusaders have taken that number 2 spot.

As I've mentioned before, I've always had a soft spot for Wales through some of the legends that have played the game and for my club Warrington, and I would be made up if they can become a firm part of the RL community and be around for years producing more Welsh legends!

1. Every team playing Leeds (but Rhinos fans still very welcome at Bramley, as I proclaim face to face at games ) :D:D:D

2.Hunslet Old Boys

3. Hunslet (when not playing Bramley)

4. Carpentras, SO Avignon, Catalans Dragons, Toulouse, Lezignan, St Martin de Crau, Montpellier,Corbeil, Bretagne Nantes Vikings, Marseille, Cavaillon Luberon, CS Agip, France.

5. All other French clubs.

6. Fev and Widnes from the golden days (especially the era of Wright, Currier, Hulme bros etc at Widnes)

7. Hull Kingston Rervers

8. Stanningley

9. South Dorset Giants

10. Illawarra Steelers before the merger, (Illawarra-Dragons when in Wollongong), Paramatta

11. Hemel Stags (when not playing Bramley)

12. Welsh clubs generally.

13. Every "underdog"

14. South London Storm.

widnes vikings have been my team for 37 years

born in warrington to a widnes and wire mother and father so watched a lot of wire games in the 70s-80s with me dad when widnes were not playing,so in the earlier days wire were my second favourite team. not to sure now since all the banter iv taken from my warrington watching inlaws,cousins etc since we got booted out of the big league. i love rugby league in general the best sport in the world bar none.

Edited by widnesvikings

widnesvikings2-1.gif

WIDNES VIKINGS CHESHIRES MOST FAMOUS RUGBY LEAGUE CLUB

widnes vikings have been my team for 37 years

born in warrington to a widnes and wire mother and father so watched a lot of wire games in the 70s-80s with me dad when widnes were not playing,so in the earlier days wire were my second favourite team. not to sure now since all the banter iv taken from my warrington watching inlaws,cousins etc since we got booted out of the big league. i love rugby league in general the best sport in the world bar none.

your a wire ;)

1. Wakefield till I die

2. Always had a soft spot for Dewsbury from games in the Jack Austin, Keith Mason, Johnny Wolford era

3. Favourite Amateur team. Sharlston Rovers

4. Australian Team Rabbitohs and Queensland in SoO

Edited by Rioman

Huddersfield - born and bred and lifetime supporter.

2nd team Barrow (went there this year to watch Hunslet Warriors and were looked after brilliantly)

NRL - NZ Warriors (cos they arent australian)

Amateur - Hunslet Warriors (watch them and now live in Hunslet)

St Josephs (Huddersfield) Got alot of pals playing there

serious..i have a soft spot for Cas, and in a way for Salford and their long suffering genuine fans.

Saints Fan from 47 through good and bad times

For me its not a long term thing. I tend to favour teams who play a certain way or are up against it, but there's only one team I can say I support or ever will and thats Widnes.

At the moment I look forwards to Saints games, they play the way it should be played, and I admire Hull KR for the way they conducted themselves upon getting promoted, and I also look out for Catalans too. Although the sky team do their best to prevent this I also rather like watching Wigan recently, I'm hoping for a Saints Wigan final.

All these are subject to change depending on how the teams are playing etc etc although I'd never bring myself to hope Wire win a match.

I admire Hull KR for the way they conducted themselves upon getting promoted

:O:D

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

For me its not a long term thing. I tend to favour teams who play a certain way or are up against it, but there's only one team I can say I support or ever will and thats Widnes.

At the moment I look forwards to Saints games, they play the way it should be played, and I admire Hull KR for the way they conducted themselves upon getting promoted, and I also look out for Catalans too. Although the sky team do their best to prevent this I also rather like watching Wigan recently, I'm hoping for a Saints Wigan final.

All these are subject to change depending on how the teams are playing etc etc although I'd never bring myself to hope Wire win a match.

Matt and Jay will be extremely disappointed that the 'Dogs didn't even register on your radar -_-

:O:D

Without wanting to start another Humberside ##### Fight, I am clearly talking about how well ran their club was in their promotion season and how they dug into a sure super league position. No one is talking about KR being replaced for a license. They came out of nowhere to get it.

My other team is the mighty, mighty Newtown Jets (who blew up in the GF semi against bl00dy Windsor - grrr).

Otherwise, I have soft spots for Souths and Norths.

Over here, I split my non-hornets watching twixt Warrington Wizards and Hudds Underbank depending on who's nearest/at home. I do like the Conference National (I watch a bit of Bramley too).

IMAG0394_zpsvjvgze6q.jpg

Without wanting to start another Humberside ##### Fight, I am clearly talking about how well ran their club was in their promotion season and how they dug into a sure super league position. No one is talking about KR being replaced for a license. They came out of nowhere to get it.

Just 'aving a larf mate.

Hoped for a bite from over here, not from your neck of the woods.

Well after Wigan, is there anything?

:P

I used to go to Chorley every week, My lads 1st game of Rugby was at Victory Park, he was 8 weeks old, only way is up lad!

Keighley for same reasons as Shrek, cos I was with him.

Cas, dunno why, always had respect for them, Classy Cas, love going there. Could be a Mick Morgan thing, epic commentator, you think Phil Clarke is biased! :D

Even as a Wire I am sorry but Westwood is nowhere near as skillful as Super Sam or Ellis.
Wazza's main industrys are service industries, call centres, warehouses and the public sector nowadays. All three are under threat from the Tory cuts.