Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Future is League

Rugby League players are fittest athlete's

13 posts in this topic

Surprised that a cricketer managed to beat both the rugby and soccer players in the sprint test. Although not surprising that the soccer players won the endurance.

Surprised that a cricketer managed to beat both the rugby and soccer players in the sprint test. Although not surprising that the soccer players won the endurance.

The rugby players were from Cas so they probably cheated :P;)

When you go to a game, it's amazing to see how fast some batsmenn can run when wearing pads, thighguard and box.

Surely Cas aren't Aussie 'supermen'? :D

I'm guessing apart from the power & strength I'm guessing 'iron man' competitons, pentathletes & heptathletes are fitter than RL players. I'm guessing that Jessica Ennis is a fitter athlete than NRL 'supermen' plus she's definitely a lot 'fitter' looking. :D

Edited by HappyDave

fitness is very specific. jessica ennis is 'fit' for heptathlon,and rugby players are fit for rugby! both would struggle in the others event.

fitness is very specific. jessica ennis is 'fit' for heptathlon,and rugby players are fit for rugby! both would struggle in the others event.

Ennis is fit full stop. :wub:

I was at the challenge

the cricketer who was joint winner was Jonathan Bairstow, a phenomenal all round sports player.

the only team that had ever encountered the type of endurance test used were the soccer players

the challenge didn't really show that one sport's players were fitter thasn the other: how could it, but it was highly informative about the fitness levels and demands that the treams' sports require.

There was a crossover in fitness requirements regarding strength, fitnerss, agility, speed and endurance. If there as anything to distinguish the rugby players from the rest it was that they had to deal with greater demands from this common denominator of fitness. It was also a good opportunity for players at a high level in spoprt to meet up and work together.

Kirk Dixon, Jonny Bairstow and Daniel Bogdanovic were ouitstanding, but all the other participants and their coaches are great people and deserve a lot of respect.

Edited by l'angelo mysterioso

Surely Cas aren't Aussie 'supermen'? :D

I'm guessing apart from the power & strength I'm guessing 'iron man' competitons, pentathletes & heptathletes are fitter than RL players. I'm guessing that Jessica Ennis is a fitter athlete than NRL 'supermen' plus she's definitely a lot 'fitter' looking. :D

Australia has had two seasons of a several episode (around 6) series that tested Union, League, Soccer, Olympic Atheletes etc.

Speed, endurance, co ordination etc

The same player has one both seasons Billy Slater.

http://www.greatestathlete.com.au/