Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ckn

Sad news - Terry Newton

141 posts in this topic

Am stunned, my thoughts are with his family at this most terrible of times RIP Terry.

Desperately tragic news.

RIP

I read this and then had to go to sporting life to make sure, as it seamed completely unreal. As a Saint (and one at that who would call Newton everything under the sun on the field of play) I would be very surprised if there was not a minutes silence for Terry Newton next week and black armbands all round.

The man was a giant for Wigan and just because the next game in the season is a final, I see no reason why his passing should not be honoured.

There is alot that can be said about the man, but first and foremost he was a RL player who deserves to be honoured the same as every RL player would be. Biographys and opinions can wait for a more appropriate occasion.

[i'm not right good with words and I hope this post makes sense with the sympathy intended]

This sad news makes me want to read his book, if only to try and understand the man more and help out his family.

Surreal. Watching the York Oldham game and was just thinking about Chris Percival and how many get taken from the RL world at a young age, then turn on the computer to find out Terry has gone too.

Most emotional I've felt about a RL player since Roy Powell's passing.

RIP and hope his family stay strong.

article-1252915-086A19A7000005DC-881_306x423.jpg

double post so thought I'd post a pic of him.

Edited by Mumby Magic

Never liked him as a player with his defensive attitude at times, but a good player with ball in hand

R I P

When I saw this confirmed I felt absolutely shocked and stunned and genuinely emotional - One player I always feared when playing against us.

Such a young age and truly truly shocking

Huge sympathy to all his family and friends

And as an aside, it's shocking incidents like this that show this great sport for what it is - the comments from people on here show that TGG is just one huge family and we should never forget that.

This is such a big shock. He was definitely a player who polarised opinion, but even his biggest detractors would admit he was a very good player. He always gave everything he had. He must have been in such a low place to think there was no way out.

RIP Tezza.

so sad R I P Terry Newton

Terry was out last night and friends who were with him until 1 AM said he seemed fine when they left him. No inkling of the tragedy that would take place. RIP Terry

Edited by Allan Marsden

RIP Terry and condolences to all his family. He was a good and fearsome player.

God rest his soul. Prayers and thoughts from the Exiled clan to his family. We lost one of our own today.

One of the saddest days i've ever known following RL. Sad Sad news for everyone family, friends and fans of all clubs.

Good night God bless Terry RIP

I read this and then had to go to sporting life to make sure, as it seamed completely unreal. As a Saint (and one at that who would call Newton everything under the sun on the field of play) I would be very surprised if there was not a minutes silence for Terry Newton next week and black armbands all round.

The man was a giant for Wigan and just because the next game in the season is a final, I see no reason why his passing should not be honoured.

There is alot that can be said about the man, but first and foremost he was a RL player who deserves to be honoured the same as every RL player would be. Biographys and opinions can wait for a more appropriate occasion.

Because the game - its players, fans and followers - is bigger than club loyalties. Part of the game at professional level is calling the opposition all the names under the sun, but when basic humanity is needed RL people have in abundance.

RIP. Genuinely shocked.

I've put a few thoughts on my blog.

Worded well Jon, we do need to look out for ex players etc, as we should look out for all our friends and family - depression is very isolating