Could Wigan dominate for next few years?

Good to see Wigan win last night for the game as a whole. I doubted them in the build up because of their big game bottling this year.

I think Wigan have a solid platform now to build on this and be up there every year challenging for the GF. Good squad, well coached and with a good backbone of young English players with 3 top imports to come in from Melbourne next season.

Next year they will be the team to beat without a doubt. But who can be the main challengers? Obviously Saints have got to be the main challengers but without Cunningham what will they be like? Wire have been the 2nd best side for most of season but faded badly in play offs but I expect us to be top 4 again. Then theres Leeds who will surely come good again after a poor year by their standards. Outside these clubs its hard to see any challengers with Hudds, Hull and potentially Catalans being dark horses.

Thoughts?

They've done really well.

However it's hard to say whether they'll dominate. Leeds had an off year by their high standards, Saints were missing both of their main half-backs and Wire are getting better every year. Add to that other clubs that might improve year on year and it makes for an interesting time.

They'll start next year as favourites but they won't have it all their own way.

They've done really well.

However it's hard to say whether they'll dominate. Leeds had an off year by their high standards, Saints were missing both of their main half-backs and Wire are getting better every year. Add to that other clubs that might improve year on year and it makes for an interesting time.

They'll start next year as favourites but they won't have it all their own way.

I think its good for SL that we have 4 possibly more teams that are capable of making a GF. But compared to the NRL we are still way off in that we don't have the top to bottom shift of clubs on an annual basis.

Wigan have got a team that has time on its side, Saints are in semi transition with some good youngsters blooded this year and will be better next season, Wire are a bit ageing with some good youngsters and Leeds are in a similar position.