Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

foozler

England Centenary shirt

34 posts in this topic

Has anyone here bought one of the limited edition shirts that will be worn this Saturday vs the Kiwis?

If you have, has it arrived yet and if so, what is the quality like? Does it have the same badge as that shown on the rugbyleagueonline website and does it look any good in real life?

Ta

I've got one. It's a nice shirt actually, a lot better than the polyester ones we normally end up with. I would have prefered the shirt to have the original NU badge, or as close to it as possible, but it still works the way it is.

I like it.

Yeah, I got mine a few weeks back. Pretty good quality actually, 100% cotton, although the collar could've done with being a bit bigger. I'll be wearing it tomorrow morning - Come on England!

I was going to ask what the centenary was but it's the anniversary of the first tour down under.

It's a great shirt. A bit old-school Wigan, though, don't you think?

I was going to ask what the centenary was but it's the anniversary of the first tour down under.

It's a great shirt. A bit old-school Wigan, though, don't you think?

more Leigh I thought :D

The Wiganer's in the England side may actually play well in that shirt!!! :rolleyes:

7740.jpg

Yeah, I got mine a few weeks back. Pretty good quality actually, 100% cotton, although the collar could've done with being a bit bigger. I'll be wearing it tomorrow morning - Come on England!

You can't beat a good quality cotton shirt to wear as a supporter. Would prefer a V on an England shirt though - a bit more synonymous with Rugby League.

Has anyone here bought one of the limited edition shirts that will be worn this Saturday vs the Kiwis?

If you have, has it arrived yet and if so, what is the quality like? Does it have the same badge as that shown on the rugbyleagueonline website and does it look any good in real life?

Ta

It's too much like a Wigan shirt so I wouldn't have one if it was given away.

Is this the shirt for the whole tournament or are we back to a proper England shirt next week?

It's too much like a Wigan shirt so I wouldn't have one if it was given away.

Is this the shirt for the whole tournament or are we back to a proper England shirt next week?

Proper next week.

Personally I thought the retro kits were better than the sponsored to death Test jerseys we see on a regular basis. Am all for tradtion me! :D

The RFL/ Puma missed a trick by not putting the original Northern Union badge on the shirt and shorts, had they done so I would have bought one, just to wear down the gym. Thought the Kiwi shirt was very cool with the silver fern on it.

Anyone know at what point in time the Kiwis stopped wearing the fern on their shirts? Personally I think there should be a heritage round in all 4 Nations comps.

I'd be happy enough if that became the permanent England top, at least its distinct. Wigan dont tend to have full regular hoops that often, this could a great England shirt (would also like a V though - but whatever, as long as we stick to it!)

Id be happy if you could buy one!

Mine is a medium size. I think they were a limited edition type thing which would be why they only have certain sizes left.

Mine is a medium size. I think they were a limited edition type thing which would be why they only have certain sizes left.

Nothing like forward thinking is there, how many they make, 50?

Jeez.

It looks like Down Under Leisure have them in all sizes by the looks of it. But the England RL website is sold out of most sizes??? :huh: What's the fit like? As if it's big fitting on the waist I may not bother, having been to the Final at Trafford I don't want too look like I'm from Lancashire or Merseyside. :D

Just while were on the subject, what did the first northern union badge/emblem look like? does anyone have a picture?

It looks like Down Under Leisure have them in all sizes by the looks of it. But the England RL website is sold out of most sizes??? :huh: What's the fit like? As if it's big fitting on the waist I may not bother, having been to the Final at Trafford I don't want too look like I'm from Lancashire or Merseyside. :D

Dare I suggest that the fitting around the waist would only be as big as your waist is! Hoops are never flattering to those with a 'bigger shape' - Mark Riddell is a good example. Vertical stripes are supposed to make you look taller - not sure about thinner though. It would take more than vertical stripes to make Mr Riddell look slim.

The other good thing about the shirt is the collar - a proper collar on a proper shirt. Not the t-shirt type things a lot of clubs have nowadays.