Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob8

Years on Here

155 posts in this topic

I was Bob at first and then became Bob8 in the early 2000's, then Rhubarb Trianglist and Bob8.

1999, I was living in Essex, studying for an MSc. It was a long time ago.

My first posts ever were on an Oxford Cavaliers messageboard, probably around 1997 or 1998. Have posted as "Jonty" since 1999, on 13World and on the Barrow Raiders sites before they were integrated into the Rivals network. The Raiders board on Rivals is continuous to the one now linked to TotalRL.

Joined TotalRL back in April 2001 I think.

I used to use a Newsgroup, and there was a guy on there who called himself Mugwump, this would be about 1999. I started posting on here in my own name in 2002. When the forum changed about 2004 I changed my user name to Trojan, because it reflected where I now live - Troy. Which unfortunately is an anagram of Tory :(

Mugwump was around in the rsrl days, and possibly even as far back as the rsr days.

vbfg was around back then as well.

Mugwump was around in the rsrl days, and possibly even as far back as the rsr days.

vbfg was around back then as well.

Both still on RLFans?

Are they?

Haven't been on there in years.

Me neither....I assumed you knew. :lol:

Muwump went to the RLFans VT as soon as it started.

Geoff Foster is his real name, apparently.

I PAID MY TEN POUNDS :D and think we're due another soon to get shut of some of the flotsam and jetsam :P

That was a masterstroke. You got your money back a couple of times over (cheap tickets for the 2004 Tri Nations etc) plus loads of dickheads disappeared overnight.

Bring back the

That was a masterstroke. You got your money back a couple of times over (cheap tickets for the 2004 Tri Nations etc) plus loads of dickheads disappeared overnight.

Bring back the

First posts were on the Dewsbury Rams message board around 2000/01 then joined on here soon after, so around 10 yrs I guess. Paid my 10 pounds and stuck with my original username - seems a bit daft as I'm no longer a student. Maybe I'll change it to Rhuby or something equally ace.

Bring back the

I posted on the virtual terrace at least as early as 1999 and I'm pretty sure I joined this forum at the earliest opportunity and I'm pretty sure I was posting before I emigrated in 2002. There was a gap as I established myself in NZ....hence my profile showing 2004 as my start date.

I also posted on 13world, rugbywar and legendsworldofsport (LWOS - an aussie forum that morphed into leagueunlimited)

I posted on rlfans prior to emigrating but found it too fragmented and so never really got back into it once I was settled here. The same was true for leagueunlimited, i really enjoyed being part of LWOS but couldn't shift over - too unwieldy, too difficult to get discussions that didn't descend into bickering.

totalrl is really the only forum/website that I've stuck with since joining t'internet generation (with the exception of google and hotmail).

I posted on the virtual terrace at least as early as 1999 and I'm pretty sure I joined this forum at the earliest opportunity and I'm pretty sure I was posting before I emigrated in 2002. There was a gap as I established myself in NZ....hence my profile showing 2004 as my start date.

I also posted on 13world, rugbywar and legendsworldofsport (LWOS - an aussie forum that morphed into leagueunlimited)

I posted on rlfans prior to emigrating but found it too fragmented and so never really got back into it once I was settled here. The same was true for leagueunlimited, i really enjoyed being part of LWOS but couldn't shift over - too unwieldy, too difficult to get discussions that didn't descend into bickering.

totalrl is really the only forum/website that I've stuck with since joining t'internet generation (with the exception of google and hotmail).

Sorry for not having included you on the list of long standing posters.

Student Ram, Your name is perfect for this thread. Though MIAG's awkward post to Millward when he was Wigan coach also stands out.

2002 I think so 9 years, gulp!!

Originally as MongOfLeisure, but these "it's PC gone mad I tell yer" times forced a change of name. Bloody easily offended, precious people B)

I couldn't tell you how long it's been since I discovered the TRL forum, I remember the trashing of the old forum on closing day and I remember the lobster wars of Clawphin and MobyClaw. I was there to pay my

I remember you being on here before you upped-sticks and headed off to the land of the long white cloud.

I remember JE JE JERRY WHO TYPED EVERYTHING IN CAPITALS AND SEEMED TO LIVE IN EVERY COUNTRY IN THE SOUTHERN HEMISPHERE.

He was great for a laugh. Always tying himself up in knots with his endless storytelling. :D

I remember you being on here before you upped-sticks and headed off to the land of the long white cloud.

remember him? i played with him! :blush:

remember him? i played with him! :blush:

After a period of sustained and intense grooming I presume.

After a period of sustained and intense grooming I presume.

How come you ain't claimed to be Rhuby?

Everyone else has.

I was first on the VT in 1999 (during the Union WC). I remember an argument with Dutoni being one of the first things that got me interested.

Bob8 made a great point about how it becomes a steady part of your life. It is only a forum but there aren't many things that you check and contribute to almost every day, no matter where you live. In the time since I've regularly checked this forum, I've changed newspapers a couple of times, I watch different channels mainly on TV, I've changed careers etc. To me it's just an extension of RL and if anything it's RL that's been the one steady part of my life.

It can become all consuming if you're not careful so I don't go on it or post as much any more and I almost never check RLfans when I used to use both.

Im Spartacus

I remember that one as well :D

I think I started out on rugbywar, and found this and rlfans as a result. Or maybe they happened at around the same time, I can't remember.

Either way, it has to be 10 years by now.