Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bob8

Years on Here

155 posts in this topic

2002 I think so 9 years, gulp!!

Originally as MongOfLeisure, but these "it's PC gone mad I tell yer" times forced a change of name. Bloody easily offended, precious people B)

I find the scraping of geese to be morally offensive and an insult to our feathered friends. You sir, are a Mong.

I think I first started posting on here in 2000/2001. I also used to post on summerconference.net (as did James V), and can recall many jousts with a pr&t called Wine Bar Guru.

I don't post on here as often as I used to, though I still log on every day. I can be a chippy and obtuse git when I want to be, but there are now too many idiots knocking about for my liking. Also, though I still love RL, due to geography, I've been away from it for three years now, so I can't contribute as a want.

Just replying to Johnoco's post, it occured to me I first did this on John Drake's original Virtual Terrace in 1999.

Along with Paley, LobbyGobbler and John Drake, this means we have been on here a stupid amount of time and for a decent chunk of our lives. I have lived in four countries in that time with countless homes and jobs.

Anyone else coming to the frightening revelation that John's boards are one of th emost constant things in their lives?

You recently posted a link to a web archive copy of the old forum. I wasn't surpised to see I'd posted on it but I was taken aback when I saw it was from April 2001.

Remember Flying Kelvin, he was a laugh.

Was he the crazed vegan that used to bang on about his leather free shoes.....or was that a figment of my drunken imagination??? :unsure:

Was he the crazed vegan that used to bang on about his leather free shoes.....or was that a figment of my drunken imagination??? :unsure:

Obsessed with Morrisey?

Just replying to Johnoco's post, it occured to me I first did this on John Drake's original Virtual Terrace in 1999.

Along with Paley, LobbyGobbler and John Drake, this means we have been on here a stupid amount of time and for a decent chunk of our lives. I have lived in four countries in that time with countless homes and jobs.

Anyone else coming to the frightening revelation that John's boards are one of th emost constant things in their lives?

Now I feel really old. :huh:

It's like Royston Vasey, this place.

royston_vasey_465x200.jpg

I'm the one on the right. See what this moderating lark has done to me!! :wacko:

But at least I have never been rhubarbtriangulist. :ph34r:

I was a callow twenty-three year old when I started.

I actually was young.

take a look at some of the members that were on here in 1991, papa lazarou, league freak,bultigue,voice of reason,sadfish and many others.

total rl 1991

I remember that period, I was living here and there and only used to view this place in the library (true). It wasn't until late 2001 that I became settled again and had a house and stuff again.

take a look at some of the members that were on here in 1991, papa lazarou, league freak,bultigue,voice of reason,sadfish and many others.

total rl 1991

I think you mean 2001. A very interesting read. Some names that are still about, and some people much more polite then than they are now!

It must have been a good place to hang out back then.

some people much more polite then than they are now!

Who is bulltige?

That's right mickla! Stick your **** up ****, retreat to those mythical heartlands!

It's whinging fans like you who have kept this game down for all these decades, you and your like are what this game doesn't need. Why don't you trott off with your Wippet and watch some crown green bowls!

:lol:

It all started going downhill about 2003, when I joined, ( IIRC)

Message from Andy Gass. "get back to work and sell some printers for a change"

Message from Andy Gass. "get back to work and sell some printers for a change"

I'm about to go see him too!!

I'll give him your love

Interestingly enough there was a user called Wendall, and he/she was not quite so much of a bell end as the present one.

Who is bulltige?

That's right mickla! Stick your **** up ****, retreat to those mythical heartlands!

It's whinging fans like you who have kept this game down for all these decades, you and your like are what this game doesn't need. Why don't you trott off with your Wippet and watch some crown green bowls!

To be fair, I rather like crown green bowls so I don't get his point.

I find the scraping of geese to be morally offensive and an insult to our feathered friends. You sir, are a Mong.

I'm a goose that scrapes not a scraper of geese you scraperist. Scrape scrapeism out.

Oh and I did consider changing my name to TheInvisibleMong, no one could be offended by that surely, after all I would've been unseen.

Who is bulltige?

It all started going downhill about 2003, when I joined, ( IIRC)

I'm pretty sure that bulltigue changed his name to GavBT and continued posting on totalrl and lwos for a while. He was quite open about having some mental health issues and seemed to dissappear around 2004. He was a really nice bloke - I hope he was able to get himself together.

That figures.

Hello new boy. 11 posts in and getting cute.

Welcome back.

Hello new boy. 11 posts in and getting cute.

Welcome back.

Cute isn't something I get, sweety. :ph34r:

I think you mean 2001. A very interesting read. Some names that are still about, and some people much more polite then than they are now!

It must have been a good place to hang out back then.

oops where did i get 1999 from?

What became of Clive woody?

Was he banned?

Did he morph into an alter ego?

He married Frank Machin and the pair of them retired to North Wales where they put on Punch and Judy shows at weekends for the locals.