Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

leighminers

Rearranged & backlog fixtures

12 posts in this topic

I doubt any can be made yet, take siddal for example, game off yesterday, play Widnes next week, then Saddleworth at home in barla cup, & if we win this game we will be at at pats the week after. So we could be another 3 weeks before a league game. It's becoming beyond a joke this weather.

the problem is we dont know if the weather is over yet

Hey Duke the weather will never be over you plonker, we might get some bad some good, but we'll definately get some matey. :D

I doubt any can be made yet, take siddal for example, game off yesterday, play Widnes next week, then Saddleworth at home in barla cup, & if we win this game we will be at at pats the week after. So we could be another 3 weeks before a league game. It's becoming beyond a joke this weather.

Just a reminder for you Mark

Just a reminder for you Mark

Wasn't Mark a big opponent of summer rugby?

I hope something changes with the fixtures because we (normy) play Ovenden on the 17th august then wait 5 week to play our final game against shawcross.

The revised fixtures have done Ince Rose Bridge no favours, 9 games 1 at home 8 away  (one being an agreed reversal with St Pats). 3 consecutive trips to hull in that. How can any team expect players to continually turn down Saturday work and be out all day when a lot have young families. Also our coach company needs paying each week. The whole situation is a farce. 

A bit of de ja vu for you there Chisholm! I remember this happening to you some years ago when you first got promoted to the premier division and without doubt the fixture run in for the last 8 games back then did you no favours.  I totally agree with you its a complete farce!!

It's all swings and roundabouts really. It can't be a shock that you've got so many away games at end of season. You must have played a lot of home games leading up to it?

We have played 5 at home and 2 away prior to this run, one home game being switched due to Thatto pitch being unfit. Therefore 4 from 7 as scheduled not a problem for anyone. Not a shock but could be handled better.

Sorry, misread post. When you said last I thought you meant of the season, not the last 8 games

Does seen a bum deal!