Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sidnee

short kick off

8 posts in this topic

Just a thought but.... We now have probably the 2 tallest players in the league with Williams and Grayshon.

So, should we be trying the short kick off more in the coming weeks?

Debate!

Unless you've got Patterson or the C*s traffic cone, its still not worth it. Just get it in their 20m and let them worry about running it at Tonks, Dickens et al.

I always prefer not to kick-off at all. But if we have no choice, just make sure the kicks are varied

Unless you've got Patterson or the C*s traffic cone, its still not worth it. Just get it in their 20m and let them worry about running it at Tonks, Dickens et al.

i agree, but these lads could be very effective when we are defending the short kick off.

i agree, but these lads could be very effective when we are defending the short kick off.

I agree, the big tall lads should be defending the catcher by making it look as though they are going for the ball while facing backwards, to stop the opposition onrunners getting anywhere near our catcher.

As for Rovers using the short kick off tactic- Wasn't it Jonny Hepworth who used to do them for Cas? They were the best I have ever seen, in fact they weren't short, they used to go so high and deep into the opposition 20 metre zone that they would take ages to come down, giving the onrushing chasers time to get under it.

If it wasn't Jonny Hepworth I'll stand corrected, but I'm sure it was. Can anyone confirm this?

unless its sunny or incase of a night game when the lights are on i would prefer if they just laid the ball on the floor without a cone and just 2@ it along the floor in any direction towards the opposition. It never failed me playing amateur, i would say we probably got ball back about 80% of time. i know these are pro but to be honest i dont think it makes a difference amateur or pro. When some one sees kicker just lay ball on floor they haven't got a clue where its going and dont know where to stand.

I agree, the big tall lads should be defending the catcher by making it look as though they are going for the ball while facing backwards, to stop the opposition onrunners getting anywhere near our catcher.

As for Rovers using the short kick off tactic- Wasn't it Jonny Hepworth who used to do them for Cas? They were the best I have ever seen, in fact they weren't short, they used to go so high and deep into the opposition 20 metre zone that they would take ages to come down, giving the onrushing chasers time to get under it.

If it wasn't Jonny Hepworth I'll stand corrected, but I'm sure it was. Can anyone confirm this?

My old man is a C*s fan and when I asked him about Hepworth the first thing he said was that he could kick the ball to the moon! So I think you are right. He also said as a C*s fan he was disapointed they let him go.