Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PJT

Lezignan 7th May - Ladies Day

104 posts in this topic

Saves me paying for our lass :-) it's only the same as women paying cheaper car insurance isn't it...?

:laugh:

Now illegal under EU law, of course.

What about a woman dressed as a man?

Why would a woman dress as a man, this would make her pay £15 :wacko:

What about if i dress as a woman, will i get in for free?

Why would a woman dress as a man, this would make her pay £15 :wacko:

If you knew it was a woman like a pre-op?

What about if i dress as a woman, will i get in for free?

We are talking about the rugby, not the club you usually go to on a Saturday night! :wink::ohmy::ohmy:

As part of the fun tomorrow there will be a best dressed ladies competition. To enter you need to be in the Atrium after the game when I do the interview with Daryl Powell. There will be a prize, but what it is is a closely guarded secret.

In the interests of equality for Daniel there is also a best dressed male competition, but I have already won that :laugh:

As part of the fun tomorrow there will be a best dressed ladies competition. To enter you need to be in the Atrium after the game when I do the interview with Daryl Powell. There will be a prize, but what it is is a closely guarded secret.

In the interests of equality for Daniel there is also a best dressed male competition, but I have already won that :laugh:

...a fiver says she won't be from Fev!! :ohmy: ...(ducks down,awaiting flying ale cans :tongue: )

Ive borrowed Princess Beatrices hat that she wore at Royal wedding

I dont think so:-D

About 7 deers died during the production of that hat...

About 7 deers died during the production of that hat...

a lot more old dears died when they saw her with it on.

they were merely auditioning for pantomime roles-now let me think which roles they would be

they were merely auditioning for pantomime roles-now let me think which roles they would be

well, their mum enjoyed alladin, and their dad is a perfect dick, so pantomime is a family tradition.

well, their mum enjoyed alladin, and their dad is a perfect dick, so pantomime is a family tradition.

i believe there mother is currently residing in tokyo with the japanese star of t v who goes by the name TO SU KIN

But it's illegal.

No

half the population of the country is female, yet even though women form a higher proportion of supporters for rugby league thyan other sports they arestill under-represented. Rugby League is a sport for everybody. That is why Featherstone Rovers has a women's team-does your club?

If you think this isn't an issue, look at how many women there are in senior positions at clubs. There aren't many but they are underepresented. Rovers have a woman director. Recently a senior figure in the sport met her and automatically assumed that because she was a woman she wasn't a member of the Rovers' board. It isn't that long ago that women, apart from the tea ladies and cleaners weren't allowed in the boardroom at clubs(not Rovers). I've seen this happen as late as the 1990s when women accompanying Rovers officials weren't allowed into the boardroom when Rovers played one well know club.

Today's ladies' day is a bit of fun, but there is a subtext and that is that Featherstone Rovers take the underrepresentation of women in Rugby League, on the terccaces, in the boaardroom, and on the pitch seriously.

It breaksmy heart that Maureen T-K has decided not to wear a Princess Eugenie(or was it Beatrice)hat it would have been breathtaking.

Brilliant Chris, and there is the ‘legitimate aims‘ which is in the Equality Act 2010 Which, thankfully, Daniel posted for our benefit.

so, Daniel was talking our of his r's then? :rolleyes:

Chris, when I had the honour of being Mayor of Featherstone & Terry was my Consort, you would be surprised at how many folk when I was carrying out official duties automatically presumed that Terry was the Mayor, I soon put them right.

My boss is female. But you'd be surprised how oft people who don't know us have our roles reversed! :mellow:

Great idea, let one off's in for nothing, you never know they might spend a couple of quid and never come again 'til theres another freebie, but stop the ones who were there with the money when the club was on it's backside, i even loved the "i'll let you in this time" bit, sorry but the love affairs ended

No

half the population of the country is female, yet even though women form a higher proportion of supporters for rugby league thyan other sports they arestill under-represented. Rugby League is a sport for everybody. That is why Featherstone Rovers has a women's team-does your club?

If you think this isn't an issue, look at how many women there are in senior positions at clubs. There aren't many but they are underepresented. Rovers have a woman director. Recently a senior figure in the sport met her and automatically assumed that because she was a woman she wasn't a member of the Rovers' board. It isn't that long ago that women, apart from the tea ladies and cleaners weren't allowed in the boardroom at clubs(not Rovers). I've seen this happen as late as the 1990s when women accompanying Rovers officials weren't allowed into the boardroom when Rovers played one well know club.

Today's ladies' day is a bit of fun, but there is a subtext and that is that Featherstone Rovers take the underrepresentation of women in Rugby League, on the terccaces, in the boaardroom, and on the pitch seriously.

It breaksmy heart that Maureen T-K has decided not to wear a Princess Eugenie(or was it Beatrice)hat it would have been breathtaking.

The under-representation of a particular group is irrelevant as it only comes into account in work related matters.

Brilliant Chris, and there is the ‘legitimate aims‘ which is in the Equality Act 2010 Which, thankfully, Daniel posted for our benefit.

They would be the 'legitimate aims' mentioned in the section relating to Age, not to Sex. Correct?

so, Daniel was talking our of his r's then? :rolleyes:

No, see above.

Daniel next week we are only letting Halifax play us; We do apologise to the other clubs for discriminating against them;

Daniel next week we are only letting Halifax play us; We do apologise to the other clubs for discriminating against them;

Well that's disgraceful Phil, surely they'll need another team helping them to have any chance!

Well that's disgraceful Phil, surely they'll need another team helping them to have any chance!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

job done today-second half degenerated and this pattern needs addressimg but credit the frech for keeping going although how they kept 13 men on was a joke