Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PJT

Official Statement - Featherstone Rovers vs Halifax RLFC

44 posts in this topic

Once again a fantastic advert for Championship Rugby League has been overshadowed by a minority. The behaviour of those mindless individuals at the Featherstone Rovers V Halifax Northern Rail Cup Semi Final will not be tolerated. Anyone identified of being involved in fighting will be banned from the club for life.

Featherstone Chief Executive Simon Riley said ‘We have some mobile phone footage which we are reviewing to identify individuals, we also have a number of names of the people who started the trouble. These people are not true supporters of Featherstone Rovers and will therefore be banned. I urge anyone who has any mobile phone footage or can identify any individuals to come forward to the Police or the club, who will pass information to the police. Emails can be received to yourview@featherstonerovers.net or phone the club on 01977 702386. Any information brought forward will be treated with the strictest of confidence.'

He continued ‘Featherstone Rovers is an ambitious club looking to grow both on and off the field, we have strong relationships in the local community and with the local police. We have ambitious plans for redevelopment of the stadium and the surrounding areas, but unless we address the problem we have and root out the mindless minority we will never progress. I urge you to come forward with any information and I assure you we will act on it.'

Once again a fantastic advert for Championship Rugby League has been overshadowed by a minority. The behaviour of those mindless individuals at the Featherstone Rovers V Halifax Northern Rail Cup Semi Final will not be tolerated. Anyone identified of being involved in fighting will be banned from the club for life.

Featherstone Chief Executive Simon Riley said ‘We have some mobile phone footage which we are reviewing to identify individuals, we also have a number of names of the people who started the trouble. These people are not true supporters of Featherstone Rovers and will therefore be banned. I urge anyone who has any mobile phone footage or can identify any individuals to come forward to the Police or the club, who will pass information to the police. Emails can be received to yourview@featherstonerovers.net or phone the club on 01977 702386. Any information brought forward will be treated with the strictest of confidence.'

He continued ‘Featherstone Rovers is an ambitious club looking to grow both on and off the field, we have strong relationships in the local community and with the local police. We have ambitious plans for redevelopment of the stadium and the surrounding areas, but unless we address the problem we have and root out the mindless minority we will never progress. I urge you to come forward with any information and I assure you we will act on it.'

Good decisive statement from the club, well done. And that statement is re-iterrated by the Halifax club on their web site. It is important that both clubs address this issue and whoever is found to be at fault (either club) should be banned for life. We ordinary, well behaved, passionate supporters do not need these idiots at our respective clubs.

Brilliant statement

Just words.....lets see something happening to back them up

Shows that you havnt read other posts on the other thread.

Shows that you havnt read other posts on the other thread.

Halifax gave the details of the Officer dealing, perhaps we should have done the same

At the next home game the coach, captain and chairman should address the crowd before the game and tell these morons in no uncertain terms how disgraceful they are and that they should never darken the doorstep again. Hopefully this will be followed by a massive round of applause which will let these knuckle draggers know what the real fans think of them too.

At the next home game the coach, captain and chairman should address the crowd before the game and tell these morons in no uncertain terms how disgraceful they are and that they should never darken the doorstep again. Hopefully this will be followed by a massive round of applause which will let these knuckle draggers know what the real fans think of them too.

Those louts will not be at the next home game; There will be nobody to fight with as Fev are at home to Toulouse;

Personnally I think it's time for the silent majority of decent supporters of Featherstone to stand up and show the directors,coaching staff ,players and all staff and volunteers, that we care about this great club because if we don't who knows where this will end.Thursday night was a disappointment in more ways than one, It's taken me while tonight to post this message but hopefully we as supporters can be the catalyst to start helping to take this club forward in a more positive light.

Good point I was thinking this , and do you mean have either club dealt with this.

Ok so have the Club dealt with any of these people yet?

I don't know, but have Halifax dealt with their fans who were involved in the fighting and the morons who invaded the pitch at the end of the game? Or the 'Fax players who ran up to and goaded the Fev supporters at the Railway End?

Maybe both clubs are working together to identify all those involved.

Good call !

I don't know, but have Halifax dealt with their fans who were involved in the fighting and the morons who invaded the pitch at the end of the game? Or the 'Fax players who ran up to and goaded the Fev supporters at the Railway End?

Maybe both clubs are working together to identify all those involved.

both clubs and the police

check out tomorrow's p n' c express just for starters

lets hope they are dealt with irrespective which club they come from but lets all know who they are and that action has been taken.... words are great deeds are much better

Those louts will not be at the next home game; There will be nobody to fight with as Fev are at home to Toulouse;

At least 2 will, they are regulars unfortunately. Problem is getting proof to take action and not relying on hearsay.

both clubs and the police

check out tomorrow's p n' c express just for starters

Can't see out in the P+C Chris.

Can't see out in the P+C Chris.

thanks for the info Dave.

be assured things are happening

thanks for the info Dave.

be assured things are happening

Well thats 63p I'll not see again!!! but Mr Riley has a patch on the P&C web site and if this is what you refer toas 'just for starters' well I'm afraid to say we have already had the starters and this is more of the same, I believe it is what is known as a politicians answer wordy without saying anything you do not already know.

At least 2 will, they are regulars unfortunately. Problem is getting proof to take action and not relying on hearsay.

When you say regulars is that regular Rovers supporters or regular thugs?

I thought many people had seen and knew those involved along with 'mobile footage' or is that not the situation.

When you say regulars is that as in Rovers fans or thugs?

From all the original comments it appeared that quite a few people knew the names of those involved and 'mobile footage' was available is that not the situation?

When you say regulars is that regular Rovers supporters or regular thugs?

I thought many people had seen and knew those involved along with 'mobile footage' or is that not the situation.

I was shown an image of someone who i was told was involved in the trouble and also overheard a conversation involving someone who was boasting about being involved and both are regular supporters.I don't know their names but I could certainly point them out, the problem is I personally don't have concrete evidence but I did confront one on the night.

Perhaps you'd like to give your real name and tell us what interest it is to you instead of hiding behind the Fibber alias. Are you a Fax fan trying to stirring things or a Fev fan? What are you doing to try to resolve things or are you just getting a kick out of stiring things? I notice that your 8 posts have appeared recently so what exactly is your agenda?

The club are doing what they can and they need support not people like you s**t stirring