Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

l'angelo mysterioso

THE BEST TEAM LOST

51 posts in this topic

what?

First half 18-22 to Rovers. Second half 10-14 to Rovers. What he really meant was the team who bombed their chances lost.

Yeah if passing wasn't a skill required in rugby league then they might of won, but as it is Nigel the BEST TEAM WON.

The best team take their chances (even if we can't drop goals!)

i though Fev were the best team, but i can understand it from his point of view, they did bomb chances, but whats to say that it wasnt our presence putting them under pressure that caused them.

anyway its over and 3 points is on its way down the M6, roll on Toulouse, just hope Tommy, spears and Haley are not too bad injuries

Thomasons mistakes directly lead to them scoring 3 tries, they bombed 3 tries... fail result.

Looks like Haley as a broken wrist from what I heard at the game

Fev battered barra all game hated watching it on tv but no choice muffy hardman Greg Powell all stand outs for me! The fans that went top respect could ear you all loud and clear! Think I woke our mace up shouting though! Safe journey home!

Say weeee are top the league say weeee are top the Leagueeeeeeee.........

Thought that Rovers had a little bit of luck tonight (with Worthington's last try) and a little bit of bad luck last week (Patterson's charge down & worrincy's try). I don't think I'd swap places with Fax though, I'd rather have the GF than the NRC!

excellent performance following last weeks match, coping with the loss of spears and Haley early doors not to mention Saxton, some lovely tries and even though Thomasson made 2 howlers for 2 of theirs out scored them, well done to all invloved including the fans.

But next time can you be the best team please lol

Well done to both sides; Fev buried last weeks disappointment at the first attempt; Barrow did bomb chances but its all about planting the ball on the try line; Fev were the best side in the second half and kept their composure despite crucial injuries; Well done to the players for steadying the ship when it looked a little bit iffy;

is Mr Wright turning into the new Matt Calland - just be humble in defeat Nigel and stop moaning. The best team did not pass into touch, the best team could stop a scrum half dragging himself over the line ; you get my drift.

well done to Fev tonight - we still don't look like we are firing on all cylinders but ground out a win. Hepworth had another cracker for me and thought Netherton had a good game too.

NRC semi final almost a distant memory now

worst team lost - END OF........ (from a Leigh fan)

Hahahaha were coming watch your back and blackpool is rubbish anyway before you throw that in!

When you actually look at our season it's been a pretty decent one so far. We have only lost 1 game in the League when we were injury hit in the first game of the season. Then we dropped more points at home to a dam good Leigh team.

Obviousley last week was a disapointment but again over 80 minutes we did not lose. If you look at our record over the last 2 seasons I think that we should be proud of the players and the coaching staff.

Well done tonight to the players, it must have been a tough week but you have done us proud!

I am in awe of this bunch of players of ours. Beaten in the most heartbreaking cicumstances last week. They go up to Barrow. Never the easiest place in the world, and grind out a massive win. Sat watching in the pub i was so proud of the players. Hard to pick a MoM but Worthington was excellent, Divorty was a man mountain, Dickens delivered again (no surprise), Kain was a nuisance all night, Finn steered us round the park beautifully but for me Hepworth just shaded it. To all the ROVERS players - i am so proud of you. You are giants among men.

wont bother saying anything as DMS says it all. Who said we Cant play in the second half. Well done to all at the club and a special mention to the noise from our away support, awesome. Lots of injuries again but this is were Fev are famous for putting an unknown player into the team and discovering another star as Worthington and Navuduvu showed again tonight. Yes I dont know how to spell his name.

wont bother saying anything as DMS says it all. Who said we Cant play in the second half. Well done to all at the club and a special mention to the noise from our away support, awesome. Lots of injuries again but this is were Fev are famous for putting an unknown player into the team and discovering another star as Worthington and Navuduvu showed again tonight. Yes I dont know how to spell his name.

You spell it " Muffy" :biggrin:

Starts with an M to start with :biggrin: He was great when he came on... although watching on TV you miss 95% of the match.

We did well to ground out the win in trying circumstances - after all we only had 3 subs to choose from after 5 mins and then only 2 subs for the last 20 so the players should be commended for that, even ive been saying they look unfit, but they showed tonight that they clearly arent

We always looked dangerous in the last 20 and looked like we couldve scored on most sets, the clear cut chances we took and shouldve had another if Muffy had got the ball down or passed it to the waiting players, we made all the running and got deep into Barrows half a lot more than they got into ours

As for them being the best team - well 12 knock ons and being as penetrive in the last third as an unused condom tells its own story and they barely got out of their half for most sets, so you make your own mind up, they have been the poorest team for me this season near our tryline

Well from a Barra fan the best TEAM won. We played better than we have been doing but all the errors and penalties we gave away tell in the end.

Really enjoyed being there and your support was superb. Hope you are the league leaders and it would be great to see you in the GF (unfortunately we arnt good enough for that tho)

Lee

Who started this thread?!?

I did because I thought Wright's comment was ridiculous

Best team lost ? :mellow:

Absolute nonsense. Seven tries to five wasn't it ?

And it's better not best. :cool: