Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

daz

Widnes Away

25 posts in this topic

I was looking on the fixture list as i would of though the Widnes v FEV game might get moved to Thursday for Sky

I see there hasnt been a game selected as yet so do we know if we are playing sunday still as its getting too late to change the fixture or could this still get moved to the Thursday at this late stage.

Are sky showing championship games next year ? I dont think they should be able to change fixtures at short notice but hey if the rfl says its ok ( :

Its Deffo on the 4th, get the busses booked !!!

Dewsbury v Leigh has been choosen to be screened by Sky on the Thursday 1st Sept.

Its Deffo on the 4th, get the busses booked !!!

Dewsbury v Leigh has been choosen to be screened by Sky on the Thursday 1st Sept.

At 12.30 according to the website ... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Think that's for the curtain raiser!!!!

Sunday jobby! BOOM SHANKA!!!!!

we will know what we need to do to clinch the league leaders title by then.

Just shows how bothered the RFL & Sky are about the fans and even the players in this league. A whole 8 days notice to book time off work and rearrange travel plans....great stuff! :angry:

we will know what we need to do to clinch the league leaders title by then.

Which in itself is ridiculous. There was a time BS when all decisive games on the last day kicked off at the same time. I would certainly be annoyed if I was a Leigh fan.

Just shows how bothered the RFL & Sky are about the fans and even the players in this league. A whole 8 days notice to book time off work and rearrange travel plans....great stuff! :angry:

To be fair Fev should be kicking off at the same time as Leigh...Proves without doubt the RFL are a total joke; If I was a Leigh fan I'd be miffed; AND Dewsbury..York and Hunslet;

Which in itself is ridiculous. There was a time BS when all decisive games on the last day kicked off at the same time. I would certainly be annoyed if I was a Leigh fan.

Remember that season - 1993/94, was it ? - when three teams went into the last weekend level on points at the top of Div 1? Sky had Warrington playing Friday and going top, Saints on Saturday, winning and going top, and then Wiggin on Sunday, winning and going top.

Anyway, I think any old win will do you. Maybe a draw if you scrape a bonus point on Sunday. :cool:

Dint the RFL have a couple of $uperleague teams kicking off on Saturday a few seasons ago, even though they weren't on Sky, just so's they could play their game simultaneously with the televised game.

Hey - maybe you could be playing Thursday night after all!! :laugh:

Think its the right choice of game - both teams have something to play for, Widnes have nothing to play for

Think its the right choice of game - both teams have something to play for, Widnes have nothing to play for

Fair point.

i think its the wrong game. i mean come on they could televise us lifting the league shield. no better way than promoting the sport

i think its the wrong game. i mean come on they could televise us lifting the league shield. no better way than promoting the sport

Yes they could do that...in front of 200 people more than likely because loads would not be able to make Widnes on a Thursday night

Think id rather us lift it if we win it in front of 5,6,700 of our lot on a glorious sunday afternoon where loads more are going to be able to go

And they wouldnt be able to broadcast a trophy presentation - the programme finishes about 5 mins after the hooter, they arent going to fit pitchside reaction, studio reaction plus a trophy celebration in that alloted time, it took about 20 minutes last season after Barrow game just to get everything set up before the trophy even came onto the pitch

Whoever wins the League Leaders' Shield will get it at the first play-off game.

1. They'll be at home - guaranteed.

2. It'll be on Sky - guaranteed.

:cool:

If we were to win the league at widnes it would look funny on sky to the general public Fev Rovers have won the league leaders shield but are not promoted to S/L that goes to Widnes who by the way finished 4

Not really. There aren't a lot of casual RL supporters watching on Thursdays.

Not really. There aren't a lot of casual RL supporters watching on Thursdays.

and you know this how?

There aren't a lot of people watching at all. It's a bit of a niche market - which is why it won't be on Sky next year.

There aren't a lot of people watching at all. It's a bit of a niche market - which is why it won't be on Sky next year.

Your barking up the wrong tree there - the viewing figures for Championship rugby are usually between 50 and 90 thousand they regularly top the figures for the week on the channel they are shown on. Also if you look at the most recent weeks figures available you will see that ESPN only had 1 programme with more viewers in the entire week, and that was the Premiership game on Saturday. It's long been rumoured that the RFL are looking at being paid for the Championship coverage and I would say with numbers like that it's not hard to see why