Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

guest from down under

dom maloney

49 posts in this topic

on his way to you . your club must be cash rich and good luck to you .im envious.

Good signing cos if we hadn't have acted quickly to get him, I'll bet your last rolo that Fax would have.

With stu, Micky H, Freer and Maloney - we'll have a decent looking big 4!

there must be some departures soon.

Good signing cos if we hadn't have acted quickly to get him, I'll bet your last rolo that Fax would have.

I can't find any details about him. Can you help please?

I can't find any details about him. Can you help please?

From what I remember, hes played with Dewsbury and Hull FC and a bit of a loan at Halifx.

Throw divo and morro in and there's your mobility! It's looking good!

There will be a few departing, some I imagine on a decent wage.

Jon Steel, Dom Dee, Liam Welham all left during the season, plus rumours of Divorty, Tonks, Cockayne, Morrison (maybe more) all leaving, that'll leave some space for the likes of Freer, Grimshaw, Lockwood and Maloney.

DP did say on his interview on Radio Rhinos that some players had received offers from SL clubs and that there would be some anounncements after the final. The man has not been wrong with many signings yet for the club.

Divorty has re-signed another deal I believe!

Fantastic, he's developed a lot since he joined 2 years ago, if he hits his potential then he'd be one of the better props in the league.

He's a big lad and if he had the same aggression as Tonks, it'd be fantastic.

Fantastic, he's developed a lot since he joined 2 years ago, if he hits his potential then he'd be one of the better props in the league.

He's a big lad and if he had the same aggression as Tonks, it'd be fantastic.

I believe Divorty to be more of a back row forward, maybe wrong. To me there are at least three players in the first squad who could play in the super league and a forth definately had he been a little younger with 1/2 yard more pace.

From what I remember, hes played with Dewsbury and Hull FC and a bit of a loan at Halifx.

Played against us for Dewsbury a few years ago and as played against us for Halifax, a big lad (not quite Watene F), He's from Cas and I'm almost 100% sure he is Francis Maloney's cousin.

He's from Cas and I'm almost 100% sure he is Francis Maloney's cousin.

He's a fat lad nowadays!! :biggrin:

The game of his life was when he run rings round Murdoch and Botica, circa 94??

That game lives long in my memory!

The game of his life was when he run rings round Murdoch and Botica, circa 94??

That game lives long in my memory!

You called, my friend?

I was looking for John Hill's commentary but couldn't find it.

You'll have to do your own voiceover "Franco Botica mekkin a right mess o' things!"

and of course

"Francis Maloneeeeeeeeeey!

I even remeber Harry G's commentary, Can't belive it was that long ago.

I even remeber Harry G's commentary, Can't belive it was that long ago.

September 1993. Eighteen years went like that.

That's what the old 1st.Division was all about in those days- Living with and beating the big boys without expecting to reach Wembley or make the later rounds of the play-offs every other year. We were happy to be a mid-table club while Wigan were winning every trophy under the sun, unlike other clubs whose support tails off if they are not winning every week. But the advent of Super League spoiled all that!

Talking about Francis Maloney; it's unlikely we would have been excluded from Super League if we'd kept him, because we would have finished inside the Top 10. At the time we had two top class stand-offs and Pearson was playing out of his skin. But when Pee-Wee got injured and missed most of the following campaign, the New Zealander Nixon was an inadequate replacement so we ended the season with Tuuta at stand-off, and although he was good, we missed him at loose forward.

Played against us for Dewsbury a few years ago and as played against us for Halifax, a big lad (not quite Watene F), He's from Cas and I'm almost 100% sure he is Francis Maloney's cousin.

Another cas lad in the squad how many is it now?

Another cas lad in the squad how many is it now?

Dewsbury born and bred, just started at Cas Academy.

Dewsbury born and bred, just started at Cas Academy.

I wouldnt start with that game... you clearly dont know that what defines a ‘Cas lad‘ is someone born in an area which has both night and day... other famous Cas lads include Rob Burrow, Zak Hardaker and Willie Mason.

i heard he has been playing in australia with burleigh bears. is this true?