Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Matt J

New Kit

69 posts in this topic

Chris I've just realised who you are; Yes you are correct and it cost me six shillings for egg bacon and beans cos I went on about it for weeks how expensive London was; I was sat with Roger Chalkley on the bus;

I had to get to Sharlston on the pit bus.

I was all kitted out in blue and white. I got as few mucky lucks from blokes who were going to spend the day in the bowels of the earth and couldn't go to the game themselves.

:biggrin: Brilliant!

Daft as it might sound, me and our pogs like that one with the crest on best. I so wish wed go for one like that for just one season. Brill Matt.

Glad to see that student loan being put to excellent use! :lol:

so this isn't crested ware then ? and where the hell did this coat of arms come from ?

post-68-0-29690500-1319907083_thumb.jpg

the word crest is used in other contexts. That's a very interesting object, tell me more.

On a coat of arms you have a shield, the field of the shield is the way the design is laid out. On top of that you have the helm, on top of that is the crest-fevs consists of the prince wales feathers and those arrows. Draped from the hem are if I remember rightly vestments. The ones on Rovers COA are 'slashed', all that wavy stuff. It means that the bearer of the arms has been battles. At the side of the shield are the supporters-Lions rampant in this case, then at the bottom is the motto.

the design on the field represents agriculture, coal mining, the three ridings of yorkshire. I'm not sure about the lion-it could be something to do with the lord of thre manor-lord St Oswald or something like that.

there serves you right :biggrin:

I had to get to Sharlston on the pit bus.

I was all kitted out in blue and white. I got as few mucky lucks from blokes who were going to spend the day in the bowels of the earth and couldn't go to the game themselves.

Yes I think the bus set off about 6 for a trip down the A1; I had some new trousers on that were itching my legs like mad; I was uncomfortable all day long.......Apologise for hi jacking this post, won't reminisce any more;

Yes I think the bus set off about 6 for a trip down the A1; I had some new trousers on that were itching my legs like mad; I was uncomfortable all day long.......Apologise for hi jacking this post, won't reminisce any more;

go for it Phil, threy were happy days. I can even remember the jacket you wore-it was a brown one.

Reminisce Phil. I love this "living history" stuff from a different era. Tales of all things rovers from a time when the world looked a different place I find fascinating!

I was only 6 in 67 when we won the cup so tales of the day make happy reading.

Reminisce Phil. I love this "living history" stuff from a different era. Tales of all things rovers from a time when the world looked a different place I find fascinating!

I was only 6 in 67 when we won the cup so tales of the day make happy reading.

Phil was very fond of bryclreem at the time. He had a little sub shaking stephens quiff

we used to go to games in Terry Mullaney's pale green ford anglia. You could buy corned beef sandwiches at Clarence Street.

believe it or not, bought it in south shields .... and paid a hell of a lot of money for it, ponte piece took me years to buy as i never expected a featherstone one to have ever been made

Phil was very fond of bryclreem at the time. He had a little sub shaking stephens quiff

we used to go to games in Terry Mullaney's pale green ford anglia. You could buy corned beef sandwiches at Clarence Street.

And half a bottle of bellair to keep it in place lol;....The quiff not the Anglia;

believe it or not, bought it in south shields .... and paid a hell of a lot of money for it, ponte piece took me years to buy as i never expected a featherstone one to have ever been made

lorne, what actually is it? When does it date from?

lorne, what actually is it? When does it date from?

it's what they call crested ware, turn of the century, made by a firm called arcadian china, most famous firm making it was Goss, and it's a really small version of a cheese dish, why ?, i have no idea

That is absolutely BRILLIANT put me down for one anytime..... :):):):)

both me and the wife like it=spot on id defo have one

If awful early 90's designs are more your thing...

mockupworst.jpg

very good-the wife likes it too- so a defo yes please

If awful early 90's designs are more your thing...

mockupworst.jpg

Actually Matt I think that is awesome, well done with the ideas

Cheers everyone... got one more... but I wont up[load that as I have to make it look like I do actually do something at Uni... :ohmy:

Cheers everyone... got one more... but I wont up[load that as I have to make it look like I do actually do something at Uni... :ohmy:

come on Matt, peer pressure challenge, do it, do it, do it........... :rolleyes:

The way Paul is going we might as well have a plain white shirt next season. By the time he gets all the sponsors on there'll be no room for a design. :biggrin:

Well done Paul

The way Paul is going we might as well have a plain white shirt next season. By the time he gets all the sponsors on there'll be no room for a design. :biggrin:

Well done Paul

seconded