Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Donny Saint

Stobart sponsorship deal & truck spotting

390 posts in this topic

saw two Stobart trucks on the Liverpool/Manchester section of the M62 4-2-2012.One was Eorl Crabtree the other one was a Salford player did not recognise him tho.I was front seat passenger.Even so it would be difficult to take photos as they/we pass at speed but Crabtree was one.

Any photos of Stobart veichles on the road with super league sinage,where were they spotted ?

Stephen Wild is the Salford Player with Luke Adamson on the back

Edited by Red Willow

I hear the Catalan Dragons are sending their Stobart branded trucks around Huddersfield in the hope to capture some of the fanatical support in the area.

Instead of support your local team on the back it reads "pretend your from Perpignan" .

Maybe Paris will take pictures when on holiday in huddersfield .... Sorry france...me badwink.gif

I hear the Catalan Dragons are sending their Stobart branded trucks around Huddersfield in the hope to capture some of the fanatical support in the area.

Instead of support your local team on the back it reads "pretend your from Perpignan" .

I heard the back of Bradfords truck says "Come watch a Non Super League strength team in a Non Super League Standard Stadium" :ph34r:

I heard the back of Bradfords truck says "Come watch a Non Super League strength team in a Non Super League Standard Stadium" :ph34r:

Where are the Halifax Stobart trucks being routed? :wink:

Where are the Halifax Stobart trucks being routed? :wink:

Wooooooah Don't shoot the messenger, that's just what I heard off a guy who has a friend who plays the Wigan Warriors Mascot. :unsure:

And besides, our League isn't sponsored by trucks, it's sponsored by a chain of shops selling things at stupid prices.

Edited by RLDave

Saw Sam Tomkins heading south on the A1 in Nottinghamshire this morning.

He did well to make it back in time for kick-off ...... :blush:

it's sponsored by a chain of shops selling things at stupid prices.

Tell me about it.

I went in my local Cooperative last night to be greeted with the most outrageous offer I've ever seen - Two 12" pizzas for £6 when individually they cost £2.49.

Tell me about it.

I went in my local Cooperative last night to be greeted with the most outrageous offer I've ever seen - Two 12" pizzas for £6 when individually they cost £2.49.

Sounds about right.

as i posted on my post as Donny Saint i would imagine it would be hard to get photo's of them lorries as they would be going at speed as well as you/us in our vehicles.I was front passenger in our car near Ferrybridge.I think the only way to spot one of them lorries would be the rear view of one on the move. On the way to the M62 but it was the normal livery but that took some doing.I think we need to be in an service area to spot the odd one on spec.As said i saw two on the M62 Liverpool/Manchester section Eorl Crabtree & Stephen Wilde on the side never saw the back of course.No way could anyone photo them.

Edited by Donny Saint

I think they should have a photo of Ben Cross on the back doors, to make sure that any following vehicle maintains a safe driving distance.

:biggrin:

Yeah you'll be landing some real blows on Paris after the Catalans wiped the floor with your team today. I bet he's gutted.

Saw my first one today, on the M25 near Heathrow, Cas tigers

I wonder if thats on an agreed route with Castleford or one thats never likely to see Castleford!

Driven a smidge over 500 miles this week, mainly motorway and only seen one Stobart lorry and that was pulling a Tesco trailer, I fear I may have bought to much into how often you pass one sold in the marketing speal of the sponsorship deal - glad I'm not a spotter would be heavy going ticking off that list!

was on my way dow to Bristol on Friday, from London and saw three lorries in the space of five mins. but all standard Stobart trucks. only saw one on the way back from Briz yesterday, which was the Cas Lorry.

I drive from Hull to Sheffield and back 5 times a week. On each journey I pass or see at least 10 Stobart trucks. Haven't yet seen any branded Super League ones though yet.

I saw 22 Stobart lorries on a 150 mile stretch of the A1 on Friday but no SL ones.

Saw about 2 yesterday on the way back, but I could have driven past loads and not seen them through all that fog

The M62 / M18 / A1 / M1 'triangle' has a lot of Stobarts on it due to the fact they are Tesco's transport partner (for now). As they are only wrapping the hard side temp control trailers for s/l then the doncaster area may be your best chance as that is where the chill warehouse is!

Just an idea.

Anyone seen the one delivering the new Stobart advertisment boards, post pads and corner flags ?? Seems it's got lost and didn't deliver in time for round one :biggrin:

I saw two on Friday, M62 West Bound nr Birchwood (Warrington). I was going opposite way so didnt get pic or even which club it was. That was mid-morning. Then saw another around 4.30 on M60 at the Prestwich junction - that was promoting Hull FC.`

The M62 / M18 / A1 / M1 'triangle' has a lot of Stobarts on it due to the fact they are Tesco's transport partner (for now). As they are only wrapping the hard side temp control trailers for s/l then the doncaster area may be your best chance as that is where the chill warehouse is!

Just an idea.

This will be a hot spot area just like Middleton nr Manchester

But these vehicles go all over the country delivering, some through the night down to London regions and back up north early morning

The main issue at present is Stobart can only do the livery on 5 a week, so we're a few months off before all 100 trailers are on the road

Edited by 1976PMJwires