Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Donny Saint

Stobart sponsorship deal & truck spotting

390 posts in this topic

Still only seen two. I've done about 20 hours of motorway driving in the last 3 weeks and seen none. Maybe they weren't out recently?

As of this morning I've now seen all the team trailers.

If this elusive "captains" wagon does exist then that is my holy grail.

Have you seen the GF one with Old Trafford and the Trophy on it?

Have you seen the GF one with Old Trafford and the Trophy on it?

I know not of this, find me photographic evidence!

Is it the one with Moran handing over a brown envelope on the back?

Edited by hindle xiii

I know not of this, find me photographic evidence!

Is it the one with Moran handing over a brown envelope on the back?

:tongue::biggrin:

spotted my first one last saturday between Evesham and Cheltenham on A46 ,twas the salford one. Surprised not seen more as one of the Stobart chiller depots is just outside Redditch.

Out of interest had a quick look at there website, no mention of us, wonder if it'll stay that way or if they'll incorporate a logo or two boasting about the fact they are the headline sponsor of Super League.

Stobart has been tweeting a lot recently about their next truckfest, which is taking place at the Magic Weekend. Maybe that is their way of combining the two?

Truck-crashPk3-300x200.jpg

Is that the one with N Wood in it? :dry:

Is that the one with N Wood in it? :dry:

No. Scott Moore. :wink:

I don't drive, and don't see many Stobart trucks of any type during my average day, but I've just spotted my first Stobart Superleague trailer! :)

Widnes, thanks for asking.

Leeds on the M4 nr Newport heading west last night.

saw my first last saturday.. was a leeds one just past Tamworth going south on the M42.. i nearly crashed the car!

Widnes, Leeds, Huddersfield and Cas all on Tuesday driving down the M8, M74 and M6 from Glenrothes to Runcorn. Widnes again on Wednesday morning on the M62 on the way back to wakey from Runcorn.

As an advocate of the 'Eddie' game, where you pair up with the person sitting next to you and shout 'Eddie' as you see a Stobarts truck to score points against an opposing pair, I still have not seen one :sad:

Saw a Widnes one (again) yesterday on the A1 near Blyth and the Wakey one as well on the A43 between Stamford and Corby.

Today saw a five on the A1 coming up from Peterborough to Wakey. Widnes (again!!!) Leeds, Cas, Wire and the one with all the club captains on.

Do Widnes have more trucks than the rest of SL as I keep seeing theirs.

Saw the Widnes one today with Cross? on the back outside ...GLOUCESTER! Possibly the furthest spotted outside the Heartland?

Saw the Saints one with Jon Wilkin on it on the A66 going through Stockton on Thursday morning.

After travelling between West Cumbria, Warrington and North Wales every week since the deal began, I finall seen a trailer at Burton in Kendal services last Thursday. Ironically it's the first time I've stopped there on these journeys

Saw the Widnes one today with Cross? on the back outside ...GLOUCESTER! Possibly the furthest spotted outside the Heartland?

Nah, nowhere near! :tongue: I saw one nr Newport heading to Cardiff on the M4 the other night. Sadly it was Kevin Sinfield. The Scottish sightings would be a fair distance away from most SL clubs as well...

Saw the Saints one with Jon Wilkin on it on the A66 going through Stockton on Thursday morning.

Saw the Saints one on the A174 heading towards A19 yesterday.

Saw a Widnes one (again) yesterday on the A1 near Blyth and the Wakey one as well on the A43 between Stamford and Corby.

Today saw a five on the A1 coming up from Peterborough to Wakey. Widnes (again!!!) Leeds, Cas, Wire and the one with all the club captains on.

Do Widnes have more trucks than the rest of SL as I keep seeing theirs.

I tend to see Leeds and Hudds