Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Donny Saint

Stobart sponsorship deal & truck spotting

390 posts in this topic

Like buses see none for age then see a load together... spotted salford one agin on m42 just outside redditch thats 3 in a week :)

Like buses see none for age then see a load together... spotted salford one agin on m42 just outside redditch thats 3 in a week :)

That's a hotspot for sightings; I see one everytime I drive up the M42 on a Friday afternoon.

Sorry about this resurrection, but, rather ironically I saw my first Stobart RL truck today on the M62 coming back from Manchester.

It was the Bulls one, looked rather impressive.

Then, as you might expect, like buses I saw another one. The Hull FC one!!!! Yippeee!

Anyway, it was exciting for me....as you were. :wacko::(

Spotted the elusive Captains one on the A1 near Donny last Friday ,then Hull,Cas and Bradford yesterday on the A14 and A1.First ones I've spotted since the deal began.

Spotted the elusive Captains one on the A1 near Donny last Friday ,then Hull,Cas and Bradford yesterday on the A14 and A1.First ones I've spotted since the deal began.

And since the deal ended ;)

:lol::D:lol:

I saw the Hull KR one on Saturday

I dunno if the link is buried in here for which firm did it. But it did feel like I'd collected a rare faulty coin or something!

edit: Boococks.

(and that's not a way around the swear filter...)

Edited by hindle xiii

Sorry about this resurrection, but, rather ironically I saw my first Stobart RL truck today on the M62 coming back from Manchester.

It was the Bulls one, looked rather impressive, as you might expect.

Presumably Stobarts won't rush out and rebrand all their $uperleague trailers at pointless cost so I dare say sightings will continue for some time yet.

Presumably Stobarts won't rush out and rebrand all their $uperleague trailers at pointless cost so I dare say sightings will continue for some time yet.

The Stobart TV programme said it cost £4k do brand each vehicle, so I reckon you'd be right

Glad this post has resurfaced.

I finally saw my first one today, on the A638 near South Elmsall. Widnes livery.

Can't we keep stobart as official truck sponsor of SL, I love stobbie spotting !

Just spotted a truck on a round-a-bout on the A78 when coming to work, only got a glimpse of it as I was turning off but the rear doors of the trailer were advertising the Magic Weekend, not sure if it was for last year or this but assuming it's for this year I would have thought this was better advertising for us i.e. advertising an event that people can buy tickets for rather than the game in general. Would be good to see the Challenge Cup Final, Grand Final and World Cup advertised this way

So this thread is going to be here for a while too.....ZZZZzzz :huh:

Only if people keep posting...

I drove along side the "Captains" one last week.

Don't complain, we're still getting the advertising and don't even have to have a main sponsor!

Not seen one for months then we saw a Hull FC one on the M621 the way home from Headingley on friday

Don't complain, we're still getting the advertising and don't even have to have a main sponsor!

Yeah, maybe we should be fair and still call it the Stobart SL for a couple of years, whilst sort of, slowly but surely, fading out the printed name over time?

I saw the Widnes one on the A19 just south of Middlesbrough on Sunday, and the Leeds one has just gone past the office here in Newton Aycliffe. They're still out there.

I saw six in one journey the other week. Down in the Cambridge area on the way to Ipswich.