Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Futtocks

MotoGP season starts!

30 posts in this topic

Great to see a British rider on the top of the podium yesterday !

Well done to Danny Kent.

Some great rides as well in the other races.

Great to see a British rider on the top of the podium yesterday !

Well done to Danny Kent.

Some great rides as well in the other races.

Good racing in all three classes. Marquez failing to start properly, then carving his way through the field was some seriously good riding.

Cloudburst-based mayhem at Sepang for the MotoGP. I don't normally like the circuit, but this year, with homegrown heroes doing well in the Moto 2 and Moto3 races, the place finally acquired a bit of atmosphere.

The noise was incredible, with Zulfahmi Khairuddin becoming the first Malaysian rider to get a podium finish, in the Moto3 race. Teenager Hafizh Syahrin led the Moto2 race for a while, before fading to 4th.

Sandro Cortese was celebrating his Moto3 World Championship, but all you could hear was thousands of berserk fans roaring "FAH-MI! FAH-MI! FAH-MI!" Great stuff. :)

Where's Maverick gone? Watching on Eurosports they weere very careful not to say too much apart from he had gone home.

"Since halfway through the season, they [the team] haven't done all they could, I'm always giving my best - so I wanted to leave the team after the last three races [of the year] and have a clean break-up, but they wouldn't agree so I'm heading home today," the official MotoGP website quotes Vinales as saying.

Despite signing the contract extension until the end of 2014, Vinales claimed that Avintia is "a second division team", adding: "I have to try and win the championship next year and I don't think I could do it with this team, so that's why I took this decision."