Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rarefrith

The ref for saturday is

54 posts in this topic

There's nothing doctored about that photo, I can assure everyone of that. Ben made a genuine error in my opinion and as I said at the time we should be looking to increase the use of video technology at games. That would then have been a try no doubt about it.

As some of you might know,Paul Crashley was a regular visitor to the Travs in the early eighties and was well known to the rugby

team. During the early part of his refereeing career he came down to Purston park to referee a cup match i think. At the end of the game

the consensus of opinion was that in trying to show his impartiality he had gone a little bit too far the other way which was fair

enough. He got alot of ribbing for it though after the game. For someone on the casforum to suggest that he might have an influence

on the way the game on saturday is refereed because of his featherstone connections is so wide of the mark as to be moronic and

worthy of the professional attentions of Robin Evans.

What does the match comissioner even do? Are they involved in anything that can actually have any affect on the game?

apparemtly have super human hearing!!!!!

to be honest, i think they are there to generally oversee the game and keep in contact with the clubs offixials over any issues that come up at the time