Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

paley

Galloway

48 posts in this topic

Ive just heard on bbc5live that he has witten a musical about Dusty Springfield,but its not quite finished due to the resumption of his parliamentary career

Is this a joke? :unsure:

Bradford's local issues to the fore again - George is backing a shariah supporter and 9/11 "truther"

galloway-tweet1.jpg

of course he has a rather scattergun approach - here is backing somebody else:

He's a parliamentary politician, he plays the game, principles are malleable things, to be totally disgarded if necessary. Getting re-elected is almost all that matters. This will stand him in good stead with most of his constituents.

He's got such a chequered past that I can't help thinking that someone in establishment circles could be storing up some damning revelation about George Galloway, waiting till just before the election to release it.

Who knows, it could be Syrious.

He alway's challenged Jon Gaunt to a debate,but Gaunt refused on principle

What principle would that be?

The principle that Jon Gaunt is a buffoon barely capable of stringing a coherent sentence together whose arguments fold under even the most cursory inspection?

Whatever his views on the main thrust of this thread, I found myself watching Galloway on (most of) Question Time last week.

I used to watch it regularly, but when it just became politicians promoting the same soundbites regardless of party and avoiding direct questions from Dimbleby, I stopped.

However, I agreed with quite a lot that Galloway came out with on the specific subjects last week, more than any other politician. He spoke his mind and most of it was common sense and not party political spin and nonsense.

On the one hand:

I hope someone pigeonholes him today and asks his opinion of the Birmingham bombers

On the other hand:

He does seem to have genuinely engaged with the politics and society of Bradford ... more visibly than our other MP's.

Does he? All I can remember is him claiming he knew some investors interested in the Bulls & City. Not a lot else.

He's pushed for the retention of the Alhambra, asked some questions in parliament about factors affecting the city and given interviews to local tv stations. When did Ward and Sutcliffe ever do the same?

I assume you mean the Odeon? All he did was mouth a few lines, he probably doesn't know where it is.

I assume you mean the Odeon? All he did was mouth a few lines, he probably doesn't know where it is.

Have you seen my thread about getting old?

:lol:

What principle would that be?

The principle that Jon Gaunt is a buffoon barely capable of stringing a coherent sentence together whose arguments fold under even the most cursory inspection?

Don't get me wrong,I was looking forward to a debate between them two.I think Galloway would have won easily.I was pointing out that Gaunt refused and stating later because debate with a a man who's views he despised.He would not do it on principle.

Don't get me wrong,I was looking forward to a debate between them two.I think Galloway would have won easily.I was pointing out that Gaunt refused and stating later because debate with a a man who's views he despised.He would not do it on principle.

Galloway and Gaunt debating? Like tonight's Piers Moron interview with Esther Rancid, a good argument for a drone strike.

Some wag suggested a game of George Galloway Buckaroo. You go up to him, shake his hand, and tell him you're an Israeli. Then see how long you can hang on for. :D

Bob Servant, cosying up to a famous Israeli.

george-galloway-uri-geller.jpg

Wait for the Jack Straw/Robert Mugabe hand shake excuse to be trotted out