Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Futtocks

Obituary Corner

1,524 posts in this topic

Sorry to hear about that pal. Sincere condolences Marauder to you and yours.

Sincere condolences Jim from me & Lee

My eldest brother: Joe O'Connor (cancer)

10-5-55 - 6/1/13

Thanks for everything bud, proud to have known you. RIP

Sorry to here of your loss, sincere condolences to you and all your family and friends.

10-5-55 - 6/1/13

My Mother passed away 11/1/2013 @ 6.07pm in Doncaster Royal Infirmary, I would like to thank all the staff for giving her excellent care during her short period in the hospital. R.I.P. Mum xxx

Haven't met Johnono or Marauder but they do come across as a couiple of 'good lads' on this forum. Condolences to you both and your families.

Harry Carey junior, film actor who was in those John Ford John Wayne westerns.She wore a Yellow ribbon etc.Age 91

Just finished his book, 'Company of Heroes' about his time in the movies, especially with John Ford. Well worth a read if you are in to vintage westerns - and I am.

Marauder, can I just add to what everyone else has said. My thoughts are with you and your family at this sad time.

Thoughts with you and yours Marauder.

Just finished his book, 'Company of Heroes' about his time in the movies, especially with John Ford. Well worth a read if you are in to vintage westerns - and I am.

I love the old westerns, and the film Rango lampooned some of the best scenes from classics like High Noon, Gunfight at the OK Corral,Liberty Valence, Rooster Cogburn etc. When I watched it I was pointing out scenes to my other half for the first hour or so, until she told me to "SHUT THE F*** UP!" very loudly.

My Mother passed away 11/1/2013 @ 6.07pm in Doncaster Royal Infirmary, I would like to thank all the staff for giving her excellent care during her short period in the hospital. R.I.P. Mum xxx

Sad to here about your mother M. She looks a great character in that photo you posted. Sincere condolences.

supagran.jpg

Wearing her granddaughters British Title Belt.

quite a lady by the look of it.

This must be a terribly sad time for you and your family: my condolences to you and them

10-5-55 - 6/1/13

supagran.jpg

Wearing her granddaughters British Title Belt.

Very sorry for your losses

Conrad Bain, aged 89. He played the father in the American sitcom Diff'rent Strokes, so outlived two out of his three 'children'. Edited by Futtocks

Nic Potter, bass player with Van der Graaf Generator.

Nic Potter, bass player with Van der Graaf Generator.

bloody hell: that takes me back

what a shame, he can't have been that old.

I read his obit in the Grauniad this morning. Well I'm sorry he's dead but can't help feeling a bit of schadenfreude, after all in 2000 he did predict the death of RL in five years and whatever happens in the future it outlived Frank. RIP

Womack and Womack were a brilliant act. I'm going to dig out my copy of Radio MUSC Man and give Cecil a requiem whiz on the turntable.

For anyone thinking of buying their Greatest Hits CD, my advice is ... dont, I hate its (to me) horrible live version of Love Wars, its remixed version of Teardrops and the general overall feel of the assembled tracks.

Reg Presley of The Troggs.

Reg Presley of The Troggs.

Indeed - forgot to post that one.